Forums The Vibe Chat My awakening

This topic contains 506 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 12BarBlues May 27, 2013 at 12:03 am.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 507 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1270631
    Avatar
    MR207
    Participant

    @barrettone 538035 wrote:

    He was also a communist.

    HOW, please back up your statement with 3 supporting sentences

    #1270295
    Avatar
    barrettone
    Participant

    @mr207 538036 wrote:

    HOW, please back up your statement with 3 supporting sentences

    I’m inclined to answer “No,” as you did for my news article, but here you are.

    Acts 2:44-45
    “And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
    And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.”

    Matthew 19:21
    “Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.”

    Luke 3:11
    “He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.”

    Ephesians 4:28

    “Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.”

    I got plenty more where that came from.

    #1270423
    Avatar
    Savvydravvy
    Participant

    @mr207 538036 wrote:

    HOW, please back up your statement with 3 supporting sentences

    To qoute yourself:

    @mr207 538036 wrote:

    No.

    #1270472
    Avatar
    Chrispydelic
    Participant

    No religion that I know of has ever mentioned anything that has occurred in pre-history. Some of the megalithic structures that have been found have pointed to their being highly technological societies that have existed on this planet over 10,000 years ago. Why would this not be mentioned? And as for the various stages of life that have existed on Earth millions of years before us. Also not mentioned.

    Might this be because the “prophets” that wrote these “holy” books were not aware of them? But surely God would know. Hmmmmm.

    It strikes me that the religions held by these early societies are probably the most valid as the people who were around then had knowledge of architecture, astronomy and geometry that we have only recently become aware of ourselves. Someone must have shown them this unless they were somehow able to tap into some kind of collective universal intelligence.

    #1270632
    Avatar
    MR207
    Participant

    @savvydravvy 538038 wrote:

    To qoute yourself:

    Not the same thing at all.. he wasn’t asking anything of me, I said no because I don’t agree

    #1270296
    Avatar
    barrettone
    Participant

    @mr207 538040 wrote:

    Not the same thing at all.. I wasn’t asking anything of him, I said No because I don’t agree

    But you disagreed with something that had evidence presented to back up its case. All you did was disagree.

    #1270424
    Avatar
    Savvydravvy
    Participant

    @mr207 538040 wrote:

    Not the same thing at all.. I wasn’t asking anything of him, I said No because I don’t agree

    Its not a case of reading one article and deciding yes or no. So to just dismiss what could be a valid explanation with ‘no.’ without any evidence that says otherwise is strange to me.

    As well as the fact that neither you nor I actually know what did happen at that specific point, so id rather read the article by someone who specialises in that specific field. If i were christain/catholic/jewish etc I would CONSTANTLY be looking at the evidence that contradicts my faith, in order to form my own judgement and know that im not just blindly followly something.

    #1270713
    Avatar
    Deez
    Participant

    I started WW3 LOL.

    To be fair just because you disagree that doesn’t make your opinion right – you should always look at the evidence for and against your argument so that you can reevaluate where you stand and whether you are correct or not. We will never know though, so who cares?

    #1270633
    Avatar
    MR207
    Participant

    @savvydravvy 538043 wrote:

    Its not a case of reading one article and deciding yes or no. So to just dismiss what could be a valid explanation with ‘no.’ without any evidence that says otherwise is strange to me.

    As well as the fact that neither you nor I actually know what did happen at that specific point, so id rather read the article by someone who specialises in that specific field. If i were christain/catholic/jewish etc I would CONSTANTLY be looking at the evidence that contradicts my faith, in order to form my own judgement and know that im not just blindly followly something.

    Why do you need evidence? If you were truly religious, you wouldn’t need facts or any evidence. You believe it because things happen in life that make it believable, like miracles. Miracles are works of God and not just coincidences

    #1270473
    Avatar
    Chrispydelic
    Participant

    @mr207 538049 wrote:

    Why do you need evidence? If you were truly religious, you wouldn’t need facts or any evidence. You believe it because things happen in life that make it believable, like miracles. Miracles are works of God and not just coincidences

    Exactly what miracles are we talking about here? I for one have never witnessed a miracle and I don’t know of anyone who has.

    As for needing evidence. If I told you that aliens had just landed in my town and have given us the cure for cancer and the key to infinitely renewable energy, would you just believe me?

    #1270425
    Avatar
    Savvydravvy
    Participant

    @mr207 538049 wrote:

    Why do you need evidence? If you were truly religious, you wouldn’t need facts or any evidence. You believe it because things happen in life that make it believable, like miracles. Miracles are works of God and not just coincidences

    Well personally I believe in a karma-like world, where some things do happen for a reason and to put them down as coincidence becomes implausible, but i dont necessarily believe good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people.

    Im not sure what ‘miracles’ your talking about though? Like when people come back from the brink of death I do not consider that a ‘miracle’ as the other 99.9% of people in that situation die.

    I see faith as a trait designed by those who need comfort because of their fear of death, and it is easier to imagine a Heavenly post-death scenario to ease those fears.

    I dont fear death, which doesnt mean im not scared. I fear dying before I have fulfilled the things I would have liked to in life, especially when there could be absolutely nothing at the end, just death.

    And as for our purpose, i feel that the meaning of life is finding out the meaning of life!

    #1270578
    Avatar
    The Psyentist
    Participant

    @savvydravvy 538043 wrote:

    If i were christain/catholic/jewish etc I would CONSTANTLY be looking at the evidence that contradicts my faith, in order to form my own judgement and know that im not just blindly followly something.

    No you wouldn’t, you just unquestionably commit yourself to believing the conspiracy theory. That’s the point of religion. Don’t ask any more questions, just accept the answers given.

    #1270654
    Avatar
    korno
    Participant

    @savvydravvy 538056 wrote:

    Well personally I believe in a karma-like world, where some things do happen for a reason and to put them down as coincidence becomes implausible, but i dont necessarily believe good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people.

    Im not sure what ‘miracles’ your talking about though? Like when people come back from the brink of death I do not consider that a ‘miracle’ as the other 99.9% of people in that situation die.

    I see faith as a trait designed by those who need comfort because of their fear of death, and it is easier to imagine a Heavenly post-death scenario to ease those fears.

    I dont fear death, which doesnt mean im not scared. I fear dying before I have fulfilled the things I would have liked to in life, especially when there could be absolutely nothing at the end, just death.

    And as for our purpose, i feel that the meaning of life is finding out the meaning of life!

    46 & 2 man!

    #1270475
    Avatar
    Chrispydelic
    Participant

    @The Psyentist 538058 wrote:

    No you wouldn’t, you just unquestionably commit yourself to believing the conspiracy theory. That’s the point of religion. Don’t ask any more questions, just accept the answers given.

    In fact you would go out of your way to close yourself off from or ignore anything that seems to question or put doubt on your beliefs.

    #1270715
    Avatar
    Deez
    Participant

    @mr207 538049 wrote:

    Why do you need evidence? If you were truly religious, you wouldn’t need facts or any evidence. You believe it because things happen in life that make it believable, like miracles. Miracles are works of God and not just coincidences

    I’m sorry but this is why I can’t take you or religion seriously.

    Do you believe everything in life when there is no evidence, simply based on faith? That is fucking retarded…

    “This guys wife was died and he was the only one who saw her for the whole day, she didn’t leave the house. But theres no evidence to say that he killed her… have faith!”

    #1270655
    Avatar
    korno
    Participant

    @chrispydelic 538062 wrote:

    In fact you would go out of your way to close yourself off from or ignore anything that seems to question or put doubt on your beliefs.

    Yeah bible bashers are awefully narrow-minded. Not willing to open their mind to other possibilities

    #1270579
    Avatar
    The Psyentist
    Participant

    @korno 538064 wrote:

    Yeah bible bashers are awefully narrow-minded. Not willing to open their mind to other possibilities

    Sorry Korno but I’ve seen this mistake far too many times to dismiss it again. Awful has no E in it. I know it’s pretty much the opposite of awesome but they are different words with no connection in their spelling.

    The Grammar Nazi never rests!!!!

    #1270516
    Avatar
    Izbeckistan
    Participant

    @The Psyentist 538066 wrote:

    Sorry Korno but I’ve seen this mistake far too many times to dismiss it again. Awful has no E in it. I know it’s pretty much the opposite of awesome but they are different words with no connection in their spelling.

    The Grammar Nazi never rests!!!!

    Its OK I’ll take that E if its going spare.

    #1270440
    Avatar
    Pat McDonald
    Participant

    @The Psyentist 538066 wrote:

    The Grammar Nazi never rests!!!!

    Perhaps you might consider reducing your drug habits to aid your resting pattern?

    #1270441
    Avatar
    Pat McDonald
    Participant

    @izbeckistan 538027 wrote:

    Way to undermine a job people spend years slaving away to qualify for whilst putting themself through shit you couldnt even comprehend.

    Oh right… learning to mimic a few old fake ideas of how “the mind works” is oh so much work compared to being boiled alive and eaten.

    Look around you. Look at who rules this society. Look at your own life.

    And then tell me – with a straight face – that you actually trust somebody who is good at bending words, mislabelling people, and when they have no answers just cram sleepy pills down their “patients” throats.

    Very funny. 🙂

    #1270212
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @Pat McDonald 538078 wrote:

    Oh right… learning to mimic a few old fake ideas of how “the mind works” is oh so much work compared to being boiled alive and eaten.

    Look around you. Look at who rules this society. Look at your own life.

    And then tell me – with a straight face – that you actually trust somebody who is good at bending words, mislabelling people, and when they have no answers just cram sleepy pills down their “patients” throats.

    Very funny. 🙂

    you really are loco my friend.

    #1270442
    Avatar
    Pat McDonald
    Participant

    Sorry. The professionals disagree with you. 5 examinations, all clean, last one very happy to discharge back to my GP after self referral. Try again with the labels?

    Perhaps “smartarse” might serve you better.

    #1270213
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @Pat McDonald 538091 wrote:

    Sorry. The professionals disagree with you. 5 examinations, all clean, last one very happy to discharge back to my GP after self referral.

    Ah hence perhaps the chip on the shoulder re psychologists.

    #1270517
    Avatar
    Izbeckistan
    Participant

    @Pat McDonald 538091 wrote:

    Sorry. The professionals disagree with you. 5 examinations, all clean, last one very happy to discharge back to my GP after self referral. Try again with the labels?

    Perhaps “smartarse” might serve you better.

    I’m afraid its more complicated than that. The papers are out there to read. Backed my biologists, Neurobiologists and all sorts. Anyone is welcome to take at look at the studies, its not all a big conspiracy.

    #1270476
    Avatar
    Chrispydelic
    Participant

    @chrispydelic 538050 wrote:

    Exactly what miracles are we talking about here? I for one have never witnessed a miracle and I don’t know of anyone who has.

    As for needing evidence. If I told you that aliens had just landed in my town and have given us the cure for cancer and the key to infinitely renewable energy, would you just believe me?

    I would still very much like to know what these miracles are that I have not been made aware of. Maybe if I were aware of these miracles I would believe in God too.

    Please post me some evidence or some incidences of these miracles so that I may better understand.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 507 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar