Forums The Vibe Chat My awakening

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 507 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1270676
    season.
    Participant

      @Chrispydelic 539900 wrote:

      Dude, it’s called HALLUCINATING! Definition: experiencing things that ARE NOT REAL!

      It’s the awesome power of the human brain dude.

      I think thats one of the best points on this thread. Maybe something Lshak hasn’t realised is that these so called high beings or visions which made him re-evaluate his life in such a way are in fact not real…

      #1270464
      Pat McDonald
      Participant

        @season. 540236 wrote:

        I think thats one of the best points on this thread. Maybe something Lshak hasn’t realised is that these so called high beings or visions which made him re-evaluate his life in such a way are in fact not real…

        Is the number “one” real? Is it physical? Can you pass it to me? No, on all counts.

        There is a non-physical reality called numbers. There are plenty of other non-physical realities too.

        And just because one person cannot share another’s non-physical reality – does not make either pont of view invalid.

        #1270677
        season.
        Participant

          @Pat McDonald 540237 wrote:

          Is the number “one” real? Is it physical? Can you pass it to me? No, on all counts.

          There is a non-physical reality called numbers. There are plenty of other non-physical realities too.

          And just because one person cannot share another’s non-physical reality – does not make either pont of view invalid.

          Meeh. I’m bad at reacting to all this preachy religious, anti drugs bullshit hence why I’ve tried to avoid posting here. But there is no denying that a hallucination is not a real thing. Just be realistic for a moment…

          #1270465
          Pat McDonald
          Participant

            Season, let’s try again. There is PHYSICAL REALITY.

            There is also NON-PHYSICAL REALITY.

            Anyone who claims there is only PHYSICAL reality, there is no NON-PHYSICAL REALITY, is the deluded one,.

            #1270678
            season.
            Participant

              @Pat McDonald 540249 wrote:

              Season, let’s try again. There is PHYSICAL REALITY.

              There is also NON-PHYSICAL REALITY.

              Anyone who claims there is only PHYSICAL reality, there is no NON-PHYSICAL REALITY, is the deluded one,.

              But to base the whole re-evaluation of your life and new found religious beliefs on this so called “non-physical reality” from using a drug? which you now intend on preaching to everyone about along with how your “high off life” and love telling people how you will never use drugs again because of lets face it… A DRUG?

              #1270325
              barrettone
              Participant

                @Pat McDonald 540249 wrote:

                Season, let’s try again. There is PHYSICAL REALITY.

                There is also NON-PHYSICAL REALITY.

                Anyone who claims there is only PHYSICAL reality, there is no NON-PHYSICAL REALITY, is the deluded one,.

                Numbers are abstract objects that we’ve created to count, label and measure. Much like the way we measure time, numbers exist because we made them. Of course they’d still “exist” in the underlying sense, but the way they are made is arbitrary and transferred through concepts.

                What are other examples of non-physical reality? I’m willing to accept they exist, but I don’t know what they are.

                #1270466
                Pat McDonald
                Participant

                  @barrettone 540255 wrote:

                  What are other examples of non-physical reality? I’m willing to accept they exist, but I don’t know what they are.

                  Metaphysics? Government types? Friendships? Musical genres?

                  The list goes on and on and on… amazing how the human mind can perceive things that aren’t physically there, huh?

                  #1270502
                  Chrispydelic
                  Participant

                    @Pat McDonald 540233 wrote:

                    Try Tart, “Altered States of Consciousness”. And if human brains are so awesomely powerful, why don’t I have a powerstation wired to my head, eh?

                    Presumably because your neck wouldn’t be able to support the weight. Also you would look silly!

                    #1270503
                    Chrispydelic
                    Participant

                      @Pat McDonald 540249 wrote:

                      Season, let’s try again. There is PHYSICAL REALITY.

                      There is also NON-PHYSICAL REALITY.

                      Anyone who claims there is only PHYSICAL reality, there is no NON-PHYSICAL REALITY, is the deluded one,.

                      Reality IS created by perception however, once on acid I hallucinated the clouds parting to reveal a sky boiling with fire and skeleton like creatures reaching down to try to drag me up into their firey hell. At no point did I consider this to be real (although it looked incredibly real at the time) which is a good job as had I thought it were real I may have gone mad or tried to harm myself.

                      #1270551
                      MC G-Tek
                      Participant

                        @Pat McDonald 540237 wrote:

                        Is the number “one” real?

                        Real? That’s more than real man, that’s Numberwang!

                        #1270244
                        sinner69
                        Participant

                          Excuse I am I missing summat here? Isn’t this goodbye thingi stretching it self too long, too much in my reference. Lshak are U in or out? just because U rediscover your belief dosent make U very special…there are millions like U out there, Why? I do not know, I put your god, jesus’es and prophets in same league as Mr Santa Claus…but if it makes you happy I ok with that. OK?

                          And now onto the Party Vibe!

                          Party ON! it is weekend for damn sake!

                          #1270533
                          Izbeckistan
                          Participant

                            @MC G-Tek 540275 wrote:

                            Real? That’s more than real man, that’s Numberwang!

                            Thaaaaats NUMBERWANG!

                            #1270406
                            Lshak
                            Participant

                              @!sinner69! 540280 wrote:

                              Excuse I am I missing summat here? Isn’t this goodbye thingi stretching it self too long, too much in my reference. Lshak are U in or out? just because U rediscover your belief dosent make U very special…there are millions like U out there, Why? I do not know, I put your god, jesus’es and prophets in same league as Mr Santa Claus…but if it makes you happy I ok with that. OK?

                              And now onto the Party Vibe!

                              Party ON! it is weekend for damn sake!

                              I love how you make it look like I’m dragging it on, were all debating here, problem? No I don’t really think so, and if you haven’t already read I’ve been advised to think more rationally about staying rather than leaving the community because of a REAL LIFE event I had, read up man, you are way too far behind to be commenting now to be honest to be commenting on the topic dragging

                              #1270407
                              Lshak
                              Participant

                                @Chrispydelic 540228 wrote:

                                It’s good to experience as much of what the mind is capable of as possible. Otherwise how can we ever possibly know what we can achieve?

                                It’s an incredible instrument, let’s try to use ALL of the notes instead of just three or four!

                                What is reality anyway? Yours is very different to mine. Prove to me that you are even real!

                                Watch BBC Horizon “what is reality?” and even Horizon “do you see what I see?” for further illumination.

                                This is interesting I’ve always wondered if we all see the same, but the obvious answer is yes and no, we SEE the same, out of our eyes, but see differently out of our THOUGHTS!

                                The way you perceive someone complaining about something is different to the way I do, you may think they are being an angry annoying person, but I see them as someone complaining about something they are going through a hard time and trying to get a load off their shoulders, now put that into the way we see the afterlife and even our beliefs

                                #1270408
                                Lshak
                                Participant

                                  @season. 540236 wrote:

                                  I think thats one of the best points on this thread. Maybe something Lshak hasn’t realised is that these so called high beings or visions which made him re-evaluate his life in such a way are in fact not real…

                                  Real or unreal, I am f*****g glad mate! So so so glad! ๐Ÿ™‚

                                  #1270409
                                  Lshak
                                  Participant

                                    @season. 540252 wrote:

                                    But to base the whole re-evaluation of your life and new found religious beliefs on this so called “non-physical reality” from using a drug? which you now intend on preaching to everyone about along with how your “high off life” and love telling people how you will never use drugs again because of lets face it… A DRUG?

                                    Why is it bad to re-evaluate my life, obviously i re-evaluated it for a reason, and its now increased my happiness…

                                    I’m not preaching, admittedly I was preaching about how I believed my belief was right, but you have been preaching also, you’ve been preaching about atheism, have you not? Don’t be a hypocrite my man.

                                    If there is a problem with that please explain, because I don’t see you complaining when people are “preaching” their frustrations to get it off their chests, rather than that I am “preaching” my happiness and contentment with things going on in my life, if you would rather read someone’s negative than positives then I am sorry to inform you but that’s a bit fuc*ed up to hate on someone doing so, and you may need to re-evaluate your life. Why don’t you take a huge hit of dmt, it MIGHT just help you, or might through you deeper down that darker path, because let’s face it, if you were a genuinely nice and happy guy you wouldn’t be hating (not to judge you or anything but that is MY VIEW, just like you had posted YOUR VIEW).

                                    I have held of posting my views about YOU but if you like I can tell you about my view on your life, or you can block me, or just be post if you don’t have anything nice to say ๐Ÿ™‚ simples

                                    #1270243
                                    General Lighting
                                    Moderator

                                      hmm – one thing I’ve noticed is how few (if any) folk have realised that Lshak’s interpretation of Islam and MR207’s interpretation of Christianity are very much on the modern liberal side. In fact more than any younger religious people I have met. If they weren’t both would have been long gone anyway, but could easily have been recruited by any religious NGO or even secular law enforcement to monitor this site and report of any unacceptable behaviour “in the name of god”.

                                      And yet they have not done that at all, but have stayed here and clearly are not dissing the interest in music, arts etc, quite the opposite (unlike the religious fundamentalists who genuinely are a threat to freedom).

                                      That said, I am not sure if people who seem to expect that established laws and social norms should simply be ignored so we can take drugs and/or use others private property as we see fit (as opposed to doing something to change those laws via a genuine consensus based process, or discreetly hold a music event in such a way its fun and safe for participants but does not disrupt others) really are any less “preaching” than those who choose to follow faith groups…

                                      #1270552
                                      MC G-Tek
                                      Participant

                                        @Izbeckistan 540293 wrote:

                                        Thaaaaats NUMBERWANG!

                                        Ha ha, you know it mate!

                                        #1270410
                                        Lshak
                                        Participant

                                          @General Lighting 540306 wrote:

                                          hmm – one thing I’ve noticed is how few (if any) folk have realised that Lshak’s interpretation of Islam and MR207’s interpretation of Christianity are very much on the modern liberal side. In fact more than any younger religious people I have met. If they weren’t both would have been long gone anyway, but could easily have been recruited by any religious NGO or even secular law enforcement to monitor this site and report of any unacceptable behaviour “in the name of god”.

                                          And yet they have not done that at all, but have stayed here and clearly are not dissing the interest in music, arts etc, quite the opposite (unlike the religious fundamentalists who genuinely are a threat to freedom).

                                          That said, I am not sure if people who seem to expect that established laws and social norms should simply be ignored so we can take drugs and/or use others private property as we see fit (as opposed to doing something to change those laws via a genuine consensus based process, or discreetly hold a music event in such a way its fun and safe for participants but does not disrupt others) really are any less “preaching” than those who choose to follow faith groups…

                                          Very well said, although I am open to new ideas and thoughts and find them very fascinating, Inshallah (in gods will) I will never give up islam/god and hope the very same for MR207

                                          But great post GL, I think a lot of people could benefit from reading this

                                          #1270674
                                          Nigboat
                                          Participant

                                            If your beliefs make you happy then I see no problem and people should stop putting down others beliefs just because you don’t agree

                                            #1270245
                                            sinner69
                                            Participant

                                              Could we please change the name of this thread… The 2nd Welcome! or summat…I just hate the goodbye heading…

                                              #1270411
                                              Lshak
                                              Participant

                                                Haha I wouldn’t mind that either to be fair ๐Ÿ˜› ^

                                                #1270246
                                                sinner69
                                                Participant

                                                  The give me a good heading, anything but goodbye

                                                  #1270412
                                                  Lshak
                                                  Participant

                                                    How about – ‘my awakening’ ๐Ÿ™‚

                                                    #1270247
                                                    sinner69
                                                    Participant

                                                      Done…I made the small m to a capital one OK?

                                                    Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 507 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

                                                    Forums The Vibe Chat My awakening