Forums The Vibe Chat pet hates

This topic contains 352 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Avatar dani21297 April 20, 2013 at 8:16 pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 353 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1263510
    Avatar
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    My excessive flatulance.

    #1263763
    Avatar
    Deez
    Participant

    People who think the bass is loud enough when your ears aren’t bleeding yet.

    #1263655
    Avatar
    The Psyentist
    Participant

    Ok controversial one but I gotta get it off my chest…

    Parents of disabled children that are over protective. What I’m talking about are the parents who are so focused on how ‘vulnerable’ their child is and of protecting them that they actually become infuriatingly ignorant of their child’s disability because of their ‘I know best attitude’. As a former care worker your job can be made near impossible by over protective parents refusing access to certain activities or practices and then they question your ability as a support/care worker because their child is failing to make progress or even regressing.

    What’s worse is that you’re apparently not allowed to tell them that they don’t have a fucking clue what their on about and that their child will always have the mentality of a 5 year old if that’s how you treat them. I’ll stop there for now before I flip out into a senseless rage

    #1263525
    Avatar
    barrettone
    Participant

    @The Psyentist 528593 wrote:

    Ok controversial one but I gotta get it off my chest…

    Parents of disabled children that are over protective. What I’m talking about are the parents who are so focused on how ‘vulnerable’ their child is and of protecting them that they actually become infuriatingly ignorant of their child’s disability because of their ‘I know best attitude’. As a former care worker your job can be made near impossible by over protective parents refusing access to certain activities or practices and then they question your ability as a support/care worker because their child is failing to make progress or even regressing.

    What’s worse is that you’re apparently not allowed to tell them that they don’t have a fucking clue what their on about and that their child will always have the mentality of a 5 year old if that’s how you treat them. I’ll stop there for now before I flip out into a senseless rage

    No I completely agree with you. Being a parent doesn’t mean you necessarily know how to be a parent. It doesn’t really take brains to have a kid, just functional reproductive organs.

    #1263764
    Avatar
    Deez
    Participant

    What you say is true Psy mate. It’s the case even with parents who’s children aren’t disabled but they’re overly protective. They just limit their childs experiences and ability to grow and really stunt their growth, its a shit state of affairs.

    #1263436
    Avatar
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    @The Psyentist 528593 wrote:

    Ok controversial one but I gotta get it off my chest…
    Parents of disabled children that are over protective. What I’m talking about are the parents who are so focused on how ‘vulnerable’ their child is and of protecting them that they actually become infuriatingly ignorant of their child’s disability because of their ‘I know best attitude’. As a former care worker your job can be made near impossible by over protective parents refusing access to certain activities or practices and then they question your ability as a support/care worker because their child is failing to make progress or even regressing.

    I work in healthcare (albeit not as a frontline care worker, more on the technology side) and there are too many folk who think the whole industry is a conspiracy against them to make money or to order them about and tell them what to do or control them, whereas in reality we are lucky across Europe to have not just cradle to grave healthcare and the bulk of staff who genuinely care but a good mixture of public and private options, and people migrating from halfway across the world to do the hard jobs that local middle class young people turn down.

    #1263437
    Avatar
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    @DeezNuts 528595 wrote:

    What you say is true Psy mate. It’s the case even with parents who’s children aren’t disabled but they’re overly protective. They just limit their childs experiences and ability to grow and really stunt their growth, its a shit state of affairs.

    sadly this has been going on for 30 years or so (I would say it started since thatcho) and sometimes isn’t even 100% the parents fault.

    Although the risk of nonces is overexaggerated there are way too many people who will knock down a kid in their car and just leave them in the gutter and drive off and will only begrudgingly hand themselves in at the Police station a week later when they are in the local crime news.

    And when they do get to court they look the victims family in the eye and blame them for not looking after the child or letting it run out into the road. Some of them will actively work with their insurers to try and recover the cost of damage to the vehicle, even when the child has been killed and its only adverse publicity what sometimes stops them.

    I was reading an article on a road safety site from a traffic policeman about this and he was genuinely shocked by it all, especially the amount of women of child bearing age and/or who are mums who are involved in such crashes and then refuse to accept blame. I’ve also personally seen outside schools such appalling driving, that leads me to believe that each family group genuinely is that ruthless about competing for their own kids interests above others they will knowingly put the other childrens safety at risk. So it does not surprise me one bit todays parents are a bit paranoid.

    #1263458
    Avatar
    thelog
    Participant

    Pet hates;

    Buffering on lovefilm while you hav a 60mb down 3mb up “superfast” broadband connection that is hardwired in with ethernet cables.

    DAMN-YOU-BRAAAAANSOOOOON

    #1263511
    Avatar
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    @thelog 528612 wrote:

    Pet hates;

    Buffering on lovefilm while you hav a 60mb down 3mb up “superfast” broadband connection that is hardwired in with ethernet cables.

    DAMN-YOU-BRAAAAANSOOOOON

    Shit son, I’m also on virgin media and my connection is pwoper fast.

    #1263765
    Avatar
    Deez
    Participant

    Test what your actually getting here > Speedtest.net – The Global Broadband Speed Test

    I get 5.78 dl and 0.29 ul. Internet connections are shit round here but we’re getting fibre optic within the next 2 weeks. I’m on virgin media aswell..

    #1263656
    Avatar
    The Psyentist
    Participant

    @General Lighting 528600 wrote:

    I work in healthcare (albeit not as a frontline care worker, more on the technology side) and there are too many folk who think the whole industry is a conspiracy against them to make money or to order them about and tell them what to do or control them, whereas in reality we are lucky across Europe to have not just cradle to grave healthcare and the bulk of staff who genuinely care but a good mixture of public and private options, and people migrating from halfway across the world to do the hard jobs that local middle class young people turn down.

    Unfortunately the ratio of sincere caring individuals to power hungry selfish money grabbers is shifting all in the wrong direction. I understand that really in the current economic climate it’s pretty inevitable that people’s attitudes are shifting and more people from the latter crowd will be drawn in due to unemployment levels and the inability to find a job elsewhere. The government and council can withdraw all the funding they want but it doesn’t change the number of people needing care, finances are never really going to affect the number of people being born with or developing a disability. You could argue for advances in medical science and screening but that will benefit a minimal amount of people really and is it evolving as quickly as the population? I highly doubt it.

    You’re right about us being fortunate enough to have the cradle to grave healthcare system but it’s flawed in the fact it concentrates far too much on the paperwork and monies being in order that the quality of a lot of practices and procedures is either very poor or completely futile. But hey, as long as the paperwork says everything is ok it doesn’t really matter what state the service user is in. (I’m aware this has now just become a full on rant somewhat diverted from my original point but it feels good lol)

    What’s worse is that with this influx of young ambitious selfish (maybe it’s not their fault, they’re probably just the people with their eye on the ball that are willing to play the game but quite frankly I’m not) individuals entering this line of work the people that need the support end up receiving a poorer level of care because there staff are too busy obediently droning away over paperwork. Either that or they were distracted by all the bitching, gossiping and backstabbing as they attempt to claw their way to the top. Personally when I was in the field I completely ignored at least 50% of the paperwork I was told to do because half the time you were merely repeating what you’d written in the last report. Also I had a much better affinity with most of the service users than a lot of staff because I was dedicated and sincere to the support I provided. A lot of staff nowadays do it with no real passion and simply as a means of earning money and working their way up the corporate ladder.

    #1263438
    Avatar
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    @The Psyentist 528618 wrote:

    You’re right about us being fortunate enough to have the cradle to grave healthcare system but it’s flawed in the fact it concentrates far too much on the paperwork and monies being in order that the quality of a lot of practices and procedures is either very poor or completely futile.

    that is also the fault of the (usually able bodied) people who do actually bother to vote. I read some discussion on a social forum about middle class people in nearby Essex, who have now passed their middle age and got elderly and infirm complaining about a lack of services for them.

    in those Council areas they have consistently returned Conservative politicians to power for the last 30 years. Although turnout to elections from younger people is notoriously low (round there many folk consider politics to be irrelevant and just do what they want until some who is stronger (or the Police) try and stop them so those who vote are usuall the 50 and aboves.

    my comment was simply “FFS, they voted away their services to supposedly reduce their taxes in the short term, now they have to pay for it”.

    #1263560
    Avatar
    Mezz
    Participant

    @The Psyentist 528593 wrote:

    Ok controversial one but I gotta get it off my chest…

    Parents of disabled children that are over protective. What I’m talking about are the parents who are so focused on how ‘vulnerable’ their child is and of protecting them that they actually become infuriatingly ignorant of their child’s disability because of their ‘I know best attitude’. As a former care worker your job can be made near impossible by over protective parents refusing access to certain activities or practices and then they question your ability as a support/care worker because their child is failing to make progress or even regressing.

    What’s worse is that you’re apparently not allowed to tell them that they don’t have a fucking clue what their on about and that their child will always have the mentality of a 5 year old if that’s how you treat them. I’ll stop there for now before I flip out into a senseless rage

    I see it from the opposite side having a disabled child in my family ( autistic nephew, many people assume all disabilities are physical but they are not ), and all seem to think dealing with it is so much easier than it actually is.

    Personally I think the parents are the best judge of what they’re child can or cant do, or knowing what trying to make them do will simply upset, disrupt and generally make things worse. Fine for care workers to give advice, but they go home at night, for the parents it’s 24/7.

    #1263561
    Avatar
    Mezz
    Participant

    On a less controversial note…………… Estate Agents

    Im trying to buy a house and I fucking hate them

    #1263690
    Avatar
    joksgez
    Participant

    girls who pretend to be stupid for attention, i guess they think its endearing but its one of the things that annoys me more than anything

    #1263766
    Avatar
    Deez
    Participant

    @joksgez 528626 wrote:

    girls who pretend to be stupid for attention, i guess they think its endearing but its one of the things that annoys me more than anything

    YES! Why do they think it’s good? Fucking annoys me so much, wanna smash their face in with a brick!!! It’s so pointless and annoying and stupid in itself, proves how pathetic they are! I’m on a rant flex now!!

    #1263459
    Avatar
    thelog
    Participant

    @joksgez 528626 wrote:

    girls who pretend to be stupid for attention, i guess they think its endearing but its one of the things that annoys me more than anything

    Well I hate stupid guys who act clever. Especially 9/11 truth clever dicks.

    Yes ok things don’t make sense and they botched the investigation, but please lets leave the IT WAS HOLOGRAMATIC PLANEZZ, alone.

    For the record, I do not believe any of the stories about 9/11. Unless I have 100% proof I don’t believe it. So in my books the whole thing is a mystery.

    #1263439
    Avatar
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    there’s also a lot of well educated clever chaps who not just act dumb but even get into crime and violence (even as far as murder) to look “cool” (and then cry in Court when they realise they will still do 20-30 years)

    #1263512
    Avatar
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    pooooooooooooooooooop

    #1263691
    Avatar
    joksgez
    Participant

    @DeezNuts 528628 wrote:

    YES! Why do they think it’s good? Fucking annoys me so much, wanna smash their face in with a brick!!! It’s so pointless and annoying and stupid in itself, proves how pathetic they are! I’m on a rant flex now!!

    hahah i feel your anger bro!!

    #1263657
    Avatar
    The Psyentist
    Participant

    @mezz 528623 wrote:

    I see it from the opposite side having a disabled child in my family ( autistic nephew, many people assume all disabilities are physical but they are not ), and all seem to think dealing with it is so much easier than it actually is.

    Personally I think the parents are the best judge of what they’re child can or cant do, or knowing what trying to make them do will simply upset, disrupt and generally make things worse. Fine for care workers to give advice, but they go home at night, for the parents it’s 24/7.

    Autism and Asperger syndrome was the very area I specialised in for 6 years. Also had previous experience in everything ranging from severe epilepsy to ADHD although obviously my knowledge of those areas is significantly less. Not looking to start an argument here mate but you’re wrong. I’m not saying the carer is the best judge either though, ideally it should be a collaboration between the 2 but unfortunately for obvious reasons the parent or family are far more likely to be over protective.

    Also a key element to the behaviour of an individual with Autism is environment and the parents will often assume the individual will present challenging behaviour without actually allowing the child to experience it. Although their behaviour will often appear reserved and hesitant or even resistant to the unknown it’s a classic fault to assume people with Autism want to remain in familiar circumstances and inside their comfort zone but this is generally not true. Yes familiarity and predictability are fundamental in supporting these people but that doesn’t mean that’s all they crave. They will usually display an apparent preference for the known but that doesn’t mean they don’t want to explore the world and have new experiences. It’s not necessarily the new environment or activity they don’t like; it’s the uncertainty of what’s inside the building (potential sensory overload e.g. will it be too bright? A lot of people inside? etc.) or how do I complete this activity. I’m not saying you or your family necessarily would but I know a lot of families that would turn their tales and run at the first ‘no’ expressed by their child. If this has happened from an early age then half time it’s often simply a learnt response to something new and it isn’t necessarily reflecting how the child actually feels.

    Especially the higher functioning one’s who are aware of their disability, often what they want more than anything is total integration into normal society. If you don’t push them how will they ever achieve?

    #1263610
    Avatar
    MC G-Tek
    Participant

    @joksgez 528626 wrote:

    girls who pretend to be stupid for attention, i guess they think its endearing but its one of the things that annoys me more than anything

    This does my fucking head in man, but unfortunately, when most TV shows (especially fucking reality shows) are full of drunk, moronic slags, they think that’s how they have to act.

    #1263777
    Avatar
    tastyjj23
    Participant

    @thelog 528629 wrote:

    Well I hate stupid guys who act clever. Especially 9/11 truth clever dicks.

    Yes ok things don’t make sense and they botched the investigation, but please lets leave the IT WAS HOLOGRAMATIC PLANEZZ, alone.

    For the record, I do not believe any of the stories about 9/11. Unless I have 100% proof I don’t believe it. So in my books the whole thing is a mystery.

    Hologramatic planes…. THis is a new one I havent heard yet….

    #1263778
    Avatar
    tastyjj23
    Participant

    @MC G-Tek 528669 wrote:

    This does my fucking head in man, but unfortunately, when most TV shows (especially fucking reality shows) are full of drunk, moronic slags, they think that’s how they have to act.

    What gets me is that after they do this they wonder why THat PErson who ended up picking them up for a fuck and leave… Doesnt Call…I hate being on the other end of this When a friend calls me crying ….. I want to cunt punch them everytime………….

    #1263658
    Avatar
    The Psyentist
    Participant

    @mezz 528623 wrote:

    Fine for care workers to give advice, but they go home at night, for the parents it’s 24/7.

    Maybe I should point out I worked in a tenancy unit (ages 18+) so I was the one putting up with it 24 hours a day and the parents only had to deal with their children for a few hours every other weekend or less frequently than that. Sounds horrible but the understandable truth is the family often spend so much time frustrated with the child in its youth that if or when they finally move out it’s like having your life back and you’ll often see families try and detach themselves as much as they think the child can handle so they can get back to living their own lives. Now I wouldn’t have a problem with this is they didn’t drop by every month to tell me I’m not doing my job properly because they’re unable to accept their child’s transition from childhood to adulthood.

    Edit: In no way having a personal go at you there Mezz, just expressing my feelings that linked on to your comment

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 353 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar