Forums Music Audio Visual Megaphone Madness

This topic contains 52 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Fizzbombheid January 2, 2012 at 1:38 pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1051883
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    This saturday im gettin a megaphone and goin round hyde park speaking

    need some inspirations of what to say give me all you got PV!

    #1246845
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @nigboat 457884 wrote:

    This saturday im gettin a megaphone and goin round hyde park speaking

    need some inspirations of what to say give me all you got PV!

    “I have too much time on my hands”

    :weee:

    #1246846
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @HSB 457885 wrote:

    “I have too much time on my hands”

    :weee:

    so you want me to say i have too much tiime on my hands to the general public

    this will all be filmed as well

    #1246870
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @nigboat 457887 wrote:

    so you want me to say i have too much tiime on my hands to the general public

    this will all be filmed as well

    that would actualy be quite funny if you just stated how you have nothing to do and thought it would be a good idea to get a mega phone and shout out the reason why … xD

    #1246847
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @nigboat 457887 wrote:

    so you want me to say i have too much tiime on my hands to the general public

    this will all be filmed as well

    Why are you going round Hyde park filming yourself talking god knows what?

    #1246848
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    GUYS KEEP THE IDEAS COMING tell me what i should be saying

    #1246871
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @HSB 457889 wrote:

    Why are you going round Hyde park filming yourself talking god knows what?

    Why do we do anything in life when we are not doing it to purely survive?

    #1246849
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    i needd witty things that i can say to people cmon guys ur good at this

    #1246872
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    Try and find someone that want’s to start a worm farm with you lol

    #1246850
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @daftfader 457894 wrote:

    Why do we do anything in life when we are not doing it to purely survive?

    a verity of reasons…the specific one/ones are the info I am asking him for really.

    #1246851
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxwXaE5EpE&feature=results_main&playnext= 1&list=PL15DBF02F07215120

    just do this and be done with it 🙂

    #1246852
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    or this one

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_vULnoDRfo&feature=autoplay&list=PL15DBF0 2F07215120&lf=results_main&playnext=2

    man I love trigger happy TV

    #1246885
    Avatar
    p0ly
    Participant

    haahaha you love my megaphone madness idea, love you bro we’ll megaphone together.

    just speak to people, spread love.

    hey girl over there in the pink hat, very lovely hat you got there. do you think it’d suit me?

    hello everyone, i’m using a megaphone because i want everyone to know that you’re all very special and we should be more social and positive and the streets would be a much friendlier more fun place

    etc etc

    HSB man seems like you dis everything people want to do, what hobbies do you have and what makes them so special? not trying to attack you man (well maybe a little) but come on bruv this is mad fun just like DJing producing music, singing making films etc etc etc…

    gotta try new things and live a little, this is a proper character building thing to do and will help you with public speaking and anxiety issues to do with groups. i know you have aspergers or autism or whatever but come on man try n be more positive and open minded.

    i do love you though man i’ve met you and you’re sound as a pound just seems like you need some inspiration from somewhere. xxx

    #1246864
    Avatar
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    There used to be this Asian dude on here from Essex (it wasn’t me) what used to go around the centre of London acting as a sort of “guide” like you get on explorations in faraway foreign lands telling random visitors from all across the world stuff like that Alligators were regularly found in the River Thames and Grand Union Canal (and to therefore be most careful when walking near these waterways) and that the cultural centre of London was in fact across the river in Peckham. Americans in particular would believe him without questioning a word.

    The only problem i can see with doing it in Hyde Park isn’t that its controversial or frowned upon (quite the opposite) but you will be competiing with a great deal of people doing the same due to speakers corners etc, when I was at uni all the yoghurt weavers/lefties would meet up there for protest marches. This makes it hard to think up something unique.

    I would personally have gone for a more random area of London – however you do have the advantage that there the special feds they have are far more likely to accept its a teenagers prank and in line with a tradition of public speaking in this area (and be more concerned over the heavier political speakers), whereas in a suburban local area rentaguards/borough metpol units are going to think its something to do with the urban music scene / “mc’ing” and that you are trying to start beef with rival gangs and at the very least move you on/discourage you (plus there might be genuine safety risk to yourself). Which is a shame as there is more comedy value in picking a less popular/obvious target.

    #1246873
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @HSB 457900 wrote:

    a verity of reasons…

    I would say that the main one would be to entertain our selves.

    #1246874
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @General Lighting 457911 wrote:

    There used to be this Asian dude on here from Essex (it wasn’t me) what used to go around the centre of London acting as a sort of “guide” like you get on explorations in faraway foreign lands telling random visitors from all across the world stuff like that Alligators were regularly found in the River Thames and Grand Union Canal (and to therefore be most careful when walking near these waterways) and that the cultural centre of London was in fact across the river in Peckham. Americans in particular would believe him without questioning a word.

    The only problem i can see with doing it in Hyde Park isn’t that its controversial or frowned upon (quite the opposite) but you will be competiing with a great deal of people doing the same due to speakers corners etc, when I was at uni all the yoghurt weavers/lefties would meet up there for protest marches. This makes it hard to think up something unique.

    I would personally have gone for a more random area of London – however you do have the advantage that there the special feds they have are far more likely to accept its a teenagers prank and in line with a tradition of public speaking in this area (and be more concerned over the heavier political speakers), whereas in a suburban local area rentaguards/borough metpol units are going to think its something to do with the urban music scene / “mc’ing” and that you are trying to start beef with rival gangs and at the very least move you on/discourage you (plus there might be genuine safety risk to yourself). Which is a shame as there is more comedy value in picking a less popular/obvious target.

    GL, I can’t like your post! has it been turned off foir mods or something?

    #1246865
    Avatar
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    try reloading the page. there are odd random things happening with the forum (for instance my computer was behaving like scroll lock was jammed on and it wasn’t).

    there used to be a roundabout around Crystal Palace where 4 separate boroughs met in the middle, which (if you could get into the middle of it without being knocked down) had potential for all manner of pranks but I had a look on Bing aerial photos (google doesn’t correctly deal with the complexities of UK geography) and the road layout there appears to have all changed and that roundabout is long gone, replaced by a number of smaller ones on even busier main roads….

    #1246875
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @General Lighting 457915 wrote:

    try reloading the page. there are odd random things happening with the forum (for instance my computer was behaving like scroll lock was jammed on and it wasn’t).

    there used to be a roundabout around Crystal Palace where 4 separate boroughs met in the middle, which (if you could get into the middle of it without being knocked down) had potential for all manner of pranks but I had a look on Bing aerial photos (google doesn’t correctly deal with the complexities of UK geography) and the road layout there appears to have all changed and that roundabout is long gone, replaced by a number of smaller ones on even busier main roads….

    there’s an acsidental shortcut (well i only ever use it acsidentaly) that if you press on a web page it’ll change scroll mode to mouse activated .. not sure if that’s what you are describing.

    There’s a place in america what has like 5 or so states all meeting in one point iirc

    #1246876
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    Ah refresh worked

    #1246886
    Avatar
    p0ly
    Participant

    yeah daft if someone posts when your in the thread and it comes up new the like doesn’t come up until it’s refreshed.

    #1246877
    Avatar
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @p0ly 457922 wrote:

    yeah daft if someone posts when your in the thread and it comes up new the like doesn’t come up until it’s refreshed.

    ahh ok .. I allso noticed that when you get a live update of a post in a thread you’re looking at .. then you search new posts .. it’ll still show as unread even if you’ve allready read it.

    #1246868
    Avatar
    sinner69
    Participant

    Just say Kicke’em nobbers in the face!

    #1246887
    Avatar
    p0ly
    Participant

    @daftfader 457923 wrote:

    ahh ok .. I allso noticed that when you get a live update of a post in a thread you’re looking at .. then you search new posts .. it’ll still show as unread even if you’ve allready read it.

    yeah that annoys me.

    #1246853
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    @p0ly 457904 wrote:

    HSB man seems like you dis everything people want to do, what hobbies do you have and what makes them so special? not trying to attack you man (well maybe a little) but come on bruv this is mad fun just like DJing producing music, singing making films etc etc etc…

    gotta try new things and live a little, this is a proper character building thing to do and will help you with public speaking and anxiety issues to do with groups. i know you have aspergers or autism or whatever but come on man try n be more positive and open minded.

    I just think it sounded a bit silly thats all and I didn’t understand the whys. no need to bring autism into this lol although perhaps its why I was perhaps a tad literal/not understanding the propersition.

    With regards to what he should do, perhaps he should go to speakers corner and read something out that’s always meant something to him. A passage from a profound and favourite book for example. Or even just a fav book from childhood something like that. Do it well and people might even stop and listen. Or a spoken word version of a few songs with good lyrics. Or some poetry.

    PS and I so don’t always dis everything people want to do! I didn’t even diss this I just asked why he was doing it as I don’t really get it.

    #1246888
    Avatar
    p0ly
    Participant

    @HSB 457950 wrote:

    I just think it sounded a bit silly thats all and I didn’t understand the whys. no need to bring autism into this lol although perhaps its why I was perhaps a tad literal/not understanding the propersition.

    With regards to what he should do, perhaps he should go to speakers corner and read something out that’s always meant something to him. A passage from a profound and favourite book for example. Or even just a fav book from childhood something like that. Do it well and people might even stop and listen. Or a spoken word version of a few songs with good lyrics. Or some poetry.

    PS and I so don’t always dis everything people want to do! I didn’t even diss this I just asked why he was doing it as I don’t really get it.

    well i was sort of referring back to when you made a thread about hobbies and said like everything was a crap idea and i’m sure you said something about your mental health so that’s why i mentioned it here. sorry if i pissed you off or anything or got it wrong. nice one sub bruvah

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar