Forums The Vibe Chat Hey [username]! How Have You Been?

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1099206
    Avatartimid rabbit
    Participant
    Raj wrote:
    Whats not working?

    * Raj sends you a huge cyber hug

    ythee hugs
    my solictor said for the hijack all persons envovled must pay me large sums of cash………his words…..you know what there like

    #1099028
    AvatarFushion Julz
    Participant
    timid rabbit wrote:
    this timid rabbit seems to think maybe you have the wrong end of the stick mate, maybe you should try counting to ten , go and have a cup of tea, if none of thats yr thing, maybe just fucking chill

    yeah, fine, whatever…

    I used to come here to catch up on a bit of sensible convo with like-minded folk…
    seems since I’ve been away, the board has been invaded by sub-SJ juveniles…

    Ah, well…
    Leave ya all to it, I guess…

    Increased traffic, but at what price?

    Shame, really… I’ve been a PV member since 2003 or so…
    But maybe I’m just getting old and cynical…
    Can’t deal with bullshit…

    I’m still at a loss to understand why someone, who I don’t know, has decided it would be clever/funny/whatever to plaster my name over threads I have no involvement in…

    Maybe the perpetrators/culprits would have the decency to PM me and let me know…

    #1099034
    Avatargloballoon
    Participant
    Fushion Julz wrote:
    yeah, fine, whatever…

    I used to come here to catch up on a bit of sensible convo with like-minded folk…
    seems since I’ve been away, the board has been invaded by sub-SJ juveniles…

    Ah, well…
    Leave ya all to it, I guess…

    Increased traffic, but at what price?

    Shame, really… I’ve been a PV member since 2003 or so…
    But maybe I’m just getting old and cynical…
    Can’t deal with bullshit…

    I’m still at a loss to understand why someone, who I don’t know, has decided it would be clever/funny/whatever to plaster my name over threads I have no involvement in…

    Maybe the perpetrators/culprits would have the decency to PM me and let me know…

    :groucho:

    check your PM’s julz :egg:

    #1099207
    Avatartimid rabbit
    Participant

    maybe rather than kicking up a stink on here you should have pm the mods
    i know they have helped me and friends out, the best the can do

    #1099029
    AvatarFushion Julz
    Participant

    Yep…

    PMs read and I understand…

    STILL think the whole thing is a bit juvenile, tbh….

    Especially without some prior knowledge or explanation…

    Maybe It’s me…Maybe I’m coming to the realisation that I prefer boards/forums with a more “adult” readership…

    #1099208
    Avatartimid rabbit
    Participant
    Fushion Julz wrote:
    Yep…

    PMs read and I understand…

    STILL think the whole thing is a bit juvenile, tbh….

    Especially without some prior knowledge or explanation…

    Maybe It’s me…Maybe I’m coming to the realisation that I prefer boards/forums with a more “adult” readership…

    well maybe you should start some adult topics and see what happens?
    im up for debating out and anything

    #1099045
    Avatarnoname
    Participant
    Fushion Julz wrote:
    yeah, fine, whatever…

    I used to come here to catch up on a bit of sensible convo with like-minded folk…
    seems since I’ve been away, the board has been invaded by sub-SJ juveniles…

    Ah, well…
    Leave ya all to it, I guess…

    Increased traffic, but at what price?

    Shame, really… I’ve been a PV member since 2003 or so…
    But maybe I’m just getting old and cynical…
    Can’t deal with bullshit…

    I’m still at a loss to understand why someone, who I don’t know, has decided it would be clever/funny/whatever to plaster my name over threads I have no involvement in…

    Maybe the perpetrators/culprits would have the decency to PM me and let me know…

    Don’t mind being referred to as Juvenile, but SJ???? I take exception to that for sure. Been there once, and thought the place was ruled by it’s trolls…:bored_yaw:bored_yaw:bored_yaw

    Speaking of which…… :hiding:

    Course, the fact that your contribution to PV since you joined have consisted of:

    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=537
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=589
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=630
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2458
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3023
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3220
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3336
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8487
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13428
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14440
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14797
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15158

    Pretty much adverts all for commercial ventures of one description or another, leads me to believe that you just discovered PV charge you unless the party is free (done to stop people taking the piss, and only ever posting adverts… ahem.)

    So yep. At that price. And no, you’re not cynical…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I am tho’…

    #1099035
    Avatargloballoon
    Participant

    before this turns into flame war

    i’ve been to Fushion parties thanks to Julz and they are top notch โžก

    the site has changed massively in the last couple of years, if i hadn’t beensitting here all this time absorbing the gradual transition i might wonder where partyvibe had gone as well

    #1099046
    Avatarnoname
    Participant
    globalloon wrote:
    before this turns into flame war

    i’ve been to Fushion parties thanks to Julz and they are top notch โžก

    the site has changed massively in the last couple of years, if i hadn’t beensitting here all this time absorbing the gradual transition i might wonder where partyvibe had gone as well

    a few public posts and how many PMs

    wise to the situation ๐Ÿ˜‰

    :group_hug

    Sorry Glo. Will try and keep myself under control…:good_evil

    He was quite abusive for no real reason though, and a look at previous posts is something I tend to do when someone is banging on about how PV used to be (I’m fairly new here, so don’t know how it used to be – checking the things the person has talked about is the only way of getting some idea of what that is). Cannae get info on PM’s, so no idea about them – and the list of started threads is pretty one track taken as a group, with the general lack of involvement in discussion (35 posts, 4 of which were today).

    It’s a bit rich to be telling people they need to get grown up conversation, and PV should be like it used to be, when not involved in very much of that discussion. And the username mod is pretty common these days – in phpBB, it’s known as user_bbcode mod….

    And another thing…. I’m getting started again, so I will stop here, and go and find something that annoys me less to ramble about…:wink:

    #1099141
    AvatarAngel
    Moderator

    What am I doing today

    Thinking..

    It have been a wonderful year and i’m very gratefull that I have had the

    oppotunity to get to know you all…you are all wonderful people..:group_hug

    Keep up the good work on this site..

    And party on raaa

    #1099021
    AvatarGeneral Lighting
    Moderator

    Julz is sound, I know him and lots of his friends and have had some excellent times with them….

    but as others have said as well things have changed a lot on this board and the party scene;

    It might be a shock for someone who hasn’t been on here for ages, particularly the “name” joke (that spun me out last weekend coming back from the rave and I’ve known about it for ages!)

    but there has been plenty of “intelligent” conversation on here as well as the jokes

    we all know that the cops have stepped up enforcement so people can chat less about parties like what we used to do (such as spar’s in depth reviews)

    so we have lightened up a bit but and created a fun atmosphere without letting trolls take over – and in doing so we’ve also attracted a new crowd of younger ravers from SE and Eastern England…

    Julz – did you see the “warehouse” thread? loads of enthusiastic new ravers posting positive stuff about an excellent warehouse party in Reading (surprised you weren’t there TBH )

    this forum is still doing what it was supposed to be doing 5 years – we may have evolved but we’ve kept the original vibe..

    #1099127
    Avatarbumpkinbeans
    Participant
    Raj wrote:
    Was just wondering how you were as I feel I havent chatted to you much recently?

    Hope you are ok :group_hug:group_hug

    hya raj .i,m keeping well although hating this winter weather .everyone seems on a downer esp in the workplace .bring on the summer i say .laters .now going out for a drive .peace out .:love:

    #1099098
    AvatarRaj
    Participant
    bumpkinbeans wrote:
    hya raj .i,m keeping well although hating this winter weather .everyone seems on a downer esp in the workplace .bring on the summer i say .laters .now going out for a drive .peace out .:love:

    Bring on the summer indeed raaaraaaraaa

    Take care :bigsmile:

    #1099030
    AvatarFushion Julz
    Participant
    noname wrote:
    Sorry Glo. Will try and keep myself under control…:good_evil

    He was quite abusive for no real reason though, and a look at previous posts is something I tend to do when someone is banging on about how PV used to be (I’m fairly new here, so don’t know how it used to be – checking the things the person has talked about is the only way of getting some idea of what that is). Cannae get info on PM’s, so no idea about them – and the list of started threads is pretty one track taken as a group, with the general lack of involvement in discussion (35 posts, 4 of which were today).

    It’s a bit rich to be telling people they need to get grown up conversation, and PV should be like it used to be, when not involved in very much of that discussion. And the username mod is pretty common these days – in phpBB, it’s known as user_bbcode mod….

    And another thing…. I’m getting started again, so I will stop here, and go and find something that annoys me less to ramble about…:wink:

    Hey..OK, I’m not gonna be dragged into any flame-war or slanging match…

    But I wasn’t being abusive….I was expressing an opinion…I’m afraid YOU may know about the phpBB mod, but I don’t…I work in IT and spend my days scripting, etc…I have no desire to learn php or its’ mods…

    None of the other boards/forums I use (and there are plenty) either allow this or, probably more to the point, non of the users WANT to use it!

    But it’s OK..the situation has been explained….
    If you don’t like my contributions, though, noname, then put me on ignore or something…I assume THAT is allowed!
    If you don’t like our parties, don’t come….no problems…

    Generally, though, if you want someone (like me, perhaps) to be involved in a conversation, then you have to make an effort to be inclusive…

    #1099031
    AvatarFushion Julz
    Participant
    General Lighting wrote:
    Julz is sound, I know him and lots of his friends and have had some excellent times with them….

    but as others have said as well things have changed a lot on this board and the party scene;

    It might be a shock for someone who hasn’t been on here for ages, particularly the “name” joke (that spun me out last weekend coming back from the rave and I’ve known about it for ages!)

    but there has been plenty of “intelligent” conversation on here as well as the jokes

    we all know that the cops have stepped up enforcement so people can chat less about parties like what we used to do (such as spar’s in depth reviews)

    so we have lightened up a bit but and created a fun atmosphere without letting trolls take over – and in doing so we’ve also attracted a new crowd of younger ravers from SE and Eastern England…

    Julz – did you see the “warehouse” thread? loads of enthusiastic new ravers posting positive stuff about an excellent warehouse party in Reading (surprised you weren’t there TBH )

    this forum is still doing what it was supposed to be doing 5 years – we may have evolved but we’ve kept the original vibe..

    Yo, dude…
    Only just had the time and nouse (or not :groucho: ) to have a peer in here after a couple of months away entirely….
    I’ll check out the thread…I’m slowly catching up with the backlog…slightly distracted by the shenanigans, but I will get there!

    Yeah, sorry wasn’t at that party…I did hear of it, but I’ve been pretty much staying away from parties except those that I am working at or providing the sound for…
    These days, that lot is usually enough for me…

    Be good to see you again, though, now you’re out in the sticks!

    #1099022
    AvatarGeneral Lighting
    Moderator
    Fushion Julz wrote:
    Be good to see you again, though, now you’re out in the sticks!

    :laugh_at:Ipswich isn’t out in the sticks (have you not been watching the news?)

    Its actually a sizeable town just like Reading 150 miles East. Same urban wasteland, same disaffected youth, same problems with crime, violence and people having their lives ended before their time – the only difference is I’ve got a more secure job and a house of my own now…

    there’s a party scene here but its suprressed because the authorities see a lot of youths go from party drugs to heroin and crack… legal events still happen though..

    I’ve managed to make a few new friends and do go out locally but I miss all the Reading lot…

    #1099099
    AvatarRaj
    Participant
    Fushion Julz wrote:
    Hmmm…not paranoia, my friend, but a bit of basic good manners, really

    and, tbh, it isn’t this thread in particular, but there are 3 that I’ve seen…one of which is a sticky, ffs…

    what sad bastard thinks that that is actually clever…

    Angel?

    Don’t know who you are…you aren’t the Angel I know, cos she a) doesn’t live in Denmark b) isn’t 37 and c) has better manners

    All I CAN conclude, is that you aren’t really fit to be a moderator on a board like this…

    But you carry on….
    I’m sure you will, anyway….

    I am curious about what you think constitutes good manners?

    To me [of course it could be because you were having a go at me :groucho:] it seemed rude and unnecessarily antagonistic?

    You are a long time user of the board and would have known how to send me a PM ?

    When I found the request for information in the thread I sent it to you – contrary to popular belief I am not always online as in looking at the forum – I use PCs to work on :groucho: and am logged in while doing other things.

    No one even made you participate in the thread – you chose to do that and have been mostly negative in your posts in it [even after finding out what was going on]. Is it the case that because you dont think its fun no-one else should do it?

    #1099167
    AvatarShit Robot
    Participant

    Im good thanks fer asking Raj,Had some pooter probs last couple of days but compared to the other shit thats gone down recently was no problem at all.

    Hope you are well :)) Still Flashing?:wink:

    #1099100
    AvatarRaj
    Participant
    GoodDoG wrote:
    Im good thanks fer asking Raj,Had some pooter probs last couple of days but compared to the other shit thats gone down recently was no problem at all.

    Hope you are well :)) Still Flashing?:wink:

    I am still flashing and bleeping thanks :weee:

    Its good to be online when you are for a change :love: How are things generally?

    And have you sorted that pooter yet?:groucho:

    #1099168
    AvatarShit Robot
    Participant

    Pooter is fine and hence so am I,In actual fact everything is going pretty well at the moment,(famous last words? hope not lol)

    #1099101
    AvatarRaj
    Participant
    GoodDoG wrote:
    Pooter is fine and hence so am I,In actual fact everything is going pretty well at the moment,(famous last words? hope not lol)

    touch wood mate :groucho:

    How are the lovely ladies in your life?:love:

    #1099169
    AvatarShit Robot
    Participant

    As lovelly as ever,lucky me:)

    #1099102
    AvatarRaj
    Participant

    Lucky lucky man :love:

    I am trying to get the courage together to take the mutts out in the howling wet we are experiencing :scared:

    #1099170
    AvatarShit Robot
    Participant

    tiz pretty crap weather here too,took dogs out before it got too bad, lucky for us.

    #1099215
    Avatarshroomsean
    Participant
    Raj wrote:
    Was just wondering how you were as I feel I havent chatted to you much recently?

    Hope you are ok :group_hug:group_hug

    just tryin to find somin goin on in south wales area really need to party

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar