Forums The Vibe Chat Fed up

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1220915
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @Iacchus 363553 wrote:

    you could always smoke a bag of weed, sit on a dildo and wank yourself dry ๐Ÿ˜€

    /peep show

    on a serious note, do you like reading? I’d love to read more books if i had the time

    I cant afford a dildo

    #1220881
    Avatarjoshd96320
    Participant

    @1984 363557 wrote:

    tried to learn guitar but i just found it really frustrating and annoying. Dont get many pub quizzes in the home and I have little knowledge of anything anyways. I don’t have a garden either ๐Ÿ™

    push on with the guitar mate, i found it proper difficult and gave up for a while but i realised nothings gunna improve if i just stop so i battled on. im now making good progress on the classical spanish flamenco front :love:

    your garden doesnt have to be outside! get some bonsai trees, start a mini oasis inside ๐Ÿ™‚

    you have to be willing to try new things and persevere with stuff, your not going to enjoy it all which is why you try different stuff.

    #1220916
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @joshd96320 363559 wrote:

    push on with the guitar mate, i found it proper difficult and gave up for a while but i realised nothings gunna improve if i just stop so i battled on. im now making good progress on the classical spanish flamenco front :love:

    your garden doesn’t have to be outside! get some bonsai trees, start a mini oasis inside ๐Ÿ™‚

    you have to be willing to try new things and persevere with stuff, your not going to enjoy it all which is why you try different stuff.

    I would like some bonsai tree’s actually, but as they grow so slowly I am unsure they would have much effect on my life as there’s not much to do. I think that with regards to giving up and not persevering that’s very much a depression thing. Perhaps its more about excepting the situation I am in rather than trying to change it. Fuck knows, but I know listening to news 24 for the past 5 hours hasn’t put me in a great mood.

    Nice one about the guitar, must be quite rewarding! How long did it take you to pick it up to a basic level?

    #1220873
    Avatarp0ly
    Participant

    cancel the news out of ur life, that is the most depressing pile of crap.

    #1220917
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @p0ly 363563 wrote:

    cancel the news out of ur life, that is the most depressing pile of crap.

    somehow better than silence though. Well, I think.

    #1220874
    Avatarp0ly
    Participant

    you should get some motivational tapes… lol

    #1220918
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @p0ly 363566 wrote:

    you should get some motivational tapes… lol

    lol

    #1220882
    Avatarjoshd96320
    Participant

    @1984 363562 wrote:

    I would like some bonsai tree’s actually, but as they grow so slowly I am unsure they would have much effect on my life as there’s not much to do. I think that with regards to giving up and not persevering that’s very much a depression thing. Perhaps its more about excepting the situation I am in rather than trying to change it. Fuck knows, but I know listening to news 24 for the past 5 hours hasn’t put me in a great mood.

    Nice one about the guitar, must be quite rewarding! How long did it take you to pick it up to a basic level?

    my bro had one, seemed pretty cool, till he went on holiday and asked my mum to look after it and she fucked it up and it died lol, gotta care for it every day, they look proper cool as well.

    perhaps motivation could help? (if its possible to motivate yaself, i find it VERY hard to motivate myself for something, and i often give up)

    guitar: well ive had it a few years, first year i was trying to play rock / metal music, and i didnt get too far with that as, i guess for the type of person i am – laid back & rhythmic, it didnt really work for me.. i was playing at a basic level after about 8 months.. i didnt put enough effort in / do the right way.

    with me classical guitar that ive very recently picked up, been playing it about a month n a half, and im about 3/4 of the way through learning this song to quite a good level in my opinion… but i have completely bummed this guitar and played it lots and lots, which is good, its really rewarding to just bosh out some tunes.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI72TEhV3Yk

    playing the guitar also allows me to greatly appreciate a lot of other forms of music / other instruments.

    ๐Ÿ™‚

    if you do choose to pick it up again, let me know.. what sort of music were you playing on it ?

    #1220919
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @joshd96320 363573 wrote:

    my bro had one, seemed pretty cool, till he went on holiday and asked my mum to look after it and she fucked it up and it died lol, gotta care for it every day, they look proper cool as well.

    perhaps motivation could help? (if its possible to motivate yaself, i find it VERY hard to motivate myself for something, and i often give up)

    guitar: well ive had it a few years, first year i was trying to play rock / metal music, and i didnt get too far with that as, i guess for the type of person i am – laid back & rhythmic, it didnt really work for me.. i was playing at a basic level after about 8 months.. i didnt put enough effort in / do the right way.

    with me classical guitar that ive very recently picked up, been playing it about a month n a half, and im about 3/4 of the way through learning this song to quite a good level in my opinion… but i have completely bummed this guitar and played it lots and lots, which is good, its really rewarding to just bosh out some tunes.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI72TEhV3Yk

    playing the guitar also allows me to greatly appreciate a lot of other forms of music / other instruments.

    ๐Ÿ™‚

    if you do choose to pick it up again, let me know.. what sort of music were you playing on it ?

    a month and a half to learn one song!! I would rather shoot myself and be done with it!

    I might get a bonsai tree though ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I seem to recall trying to learn a Nirvana song? But guitar is a bit like languages to me and I am terrible at that. ps damn that looks like a hard song to learn man! nice one

    #1220875
    Avatarp0ly
    Participant

    you should read some philosophy books

    #1220883
    Avatarjoshd96320
    Participant

    @1984 363577 wrote:

    a month and a half to learn one song!! I would rather shoot myself and be done with it!

    I might get a bonsai tree though ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I seem to recall trying to learn a Nirvana song? But guitar is a bit like languages to me and I am terrible at that. ps damn that looks like a hard song to learn man! nice one

    nonono ive been doing about 12 songs all at once, this is just my favourite and thus ive been playing it most… im also a perfectionist so been going at turtle pace. the time just passes, you gotta enjoy it i suppose ๐Ÿ™‚

    good call on the bonsai raaa

    im terrible at languages too, and i was terrible at guitar when i started ๐Ÿ™‚ but just kept going (cant say the same for languages)

    #1220840
    AvatarPhilKmorgan
    Participant

    You could look for a local morris dancing society. This would get you out of the house, plus also a bit of exercise..

    #1220876
    Avatarp0ly
    Participant

    morris dancing ftw

    #1220904
    Avatarmishap
    Participant

    take up guitar! honestly, i did recently,and its fuckin awesome.

    no need to learn songs at first,
    learn thses chords; basicchordchart.png

    then some fingerpatterns from youtube. then improvise and just jam til you feel comfortable playing guitar.
    i dont know any songs but imo i aint bad!

    #1220900
    AvatarTheLostOne
    Participant

    @p0ly 363579 wrote:

    you should read some philosophy books

    What ever you do don’t do this. Man I hate people who read philosophy books. I swear most people do it just to look good. Nothing worse than Bullshit. I would read the Beano.

    #1220901
    AvatarTheLostOne
    Participant

    Start to learn Electronics.(or physics) start with easy shit. Like this.
    00123.png

    #1220877
    Avatarp0ly
    Participant

    @TheLostOne 363634 wrote:

    What ever you do don’t do this. Man I hate people who read philosophy books. I swear most people do it just to look good. Nothing worse than Bullshit. I would read the Beano.

    why would i read a philosophy book to look good? they can change your outlook on stuff mate…. :you_crazy

    #1220920
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    cant be bothered. I got some wine ๐Ÿ™‚

    #1220897
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    life is a puzzle to be investigated

    philosophy is one aspect of that.. sure ancient philosophies are dusty and difficult to relate to but there is loads of new and interesting stuff to look into

    #1220921
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    apologies about my grumpiness and general self pitying as of yesterday. I will have a good think about peoples suggestions and try and be less “don’t wanna”. Hopefully as the depression lifts they will seem more possible. PV therapy ftw ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Went into town today and got me a couple of T-shirts! that’s piratically a hobby!

    #1220832
    AvatarAnonymous
    #1220922
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @CozMik 363742 wrote:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UTZ_m7jniM :laugh_at:

    hahaha!

    #1220884
    Avatarjoshd96320
    Participant

    gotta any electronic link thelostone?

    #1220923
    Avatar1984
    Participant

    @TheLostOne 363635 wrote:

    Start to learn Electronics.(or physics) start with easy shit. Like this.
    00123.png

    that doesn’t look easy!

    #1220902
    AvatarTheLostOne
    Participant

    @p0ly 363636 wrote:

    why would i read a philosophy book to look good? they can change your outlook on stuff mate…. :you_crazy

    Yeah sorry mate, was being a dick and in a bad mood. Life is too simple to think about philosophy though, we are just like any other living being.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat Fed up

Skip to toolbar