Forums The Vibe Chat Summer Solstice

This topic contains 92 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Heavy June 18, 2007 at 8:53 am.

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1112970
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    Playground Politics wrote:
    i heard the stones came from london in ’62, and rocked all of our hearts

    lol

    #1133261
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    Playground Politics wrote:
    i heard the stones came from london in ’62, and rocked all of our hearts

    lol

    #1113005
    Avatar
    Bogey
    Participant
    Space Master wrote:
    As any sane person will tell you, dinosaurs were sex-magicians from a planet orbiting Sirius ๐Ÿ˜€

    I heard the stones came from Wales,
    i spent some time in wales and heard this so went there its in Pembrokeshire in the presselli hills the hill is called carn menyn nearby is foel drygarn .Loads of blue stone there , plus really beautiful !:bounce_fl

    #1133296
    Avatar
    Bogey
    Participant
    Space Master wrote:
    As any sane person will tell you, dinosaurs were sex-magicians from a planet orbiting Sirius ๐Ÿ˜€

    I heard the stones came from Wales,
    i spent some time in wales and heard this so went there its in Pembrokeshire in the presselli hills the hill is called carn menyn nearby is foel drygarn .Loads of blue stone there , plus really beautiful !:bounce_fl

    #1112980
    Avatar
    Linz
    Participant

    I would love to go to stonehenge or Avebury but it falls on a week day and with having a young child who’s at school its a bit tricky! Roll on a couple of years when its at the weekend” ๐Ÿ™‚

    So it’ll just be me and my garden me thinks……….have a great time tho evryone whatever you do!

    #1133271
    Avatar
    Linz
    Participant

    I would love to go to stonehenge or Avebury but it falls on a week day and with having a young child who’s at school its a bit tricky! Roll on a couple of years when its at the weekend” ๐Ÿ™‚

    So it’ll just be me and my garden me thinks……….have a great time tho evryone whatever you do!

    #1112973
    Avatar
    missMushed
    Participant
    Raj wrote:
    I cant explain it unfortunately [wish I could] but I feel its the right thing for me to be doing and its a way of bringing myself into focus if my edges have become blurred [an appallingly fluffy attempt at explaining this for which I apologise – some feelings defy me putting them into the constriction of words to convey them]

    i know what u mean, it is hard to explain, i feel that solstice, along with the equinoxes and winter solstice, is a time to reflect, and be thankful for what i have, also as a start of a new pahse in my life. I often spend time thinking about past acheivements, and future goals. Many of my life decisions have been made around thses times. Last year was spent at stonehenge/avebury and west kennet, and (especially at west kennet) amazingly calm,focused, and was able to get in touch with my more spiritual side. Saying this, stonehenge at solstice i would say, is not so much a place excersise spiritual interests and relaxation, as the general atmosphere is more of a celebration/party, which is also good!!

    This year i will be spending solstice at home (unfotunately) but i may wander outside onto my balcony to watch the sun rise over drunks falling over and cars zooming past…as that is proably the best view i will get. but during the day, a feast will definately be in order, with decorating my home with a few summer herbs, and relative insense, and celebrating my daughter’s first solstice (well, technically she was at stonehenge last year, just hiding in my tummy!)

    Happy solstice to everyone….no matter what it means to you…. Hope you all have a wicked day xxxxxxx:group_hug

    #1133264
    Avatar
    missMushed
    Participant
    Raj wrote:
    I cant explain it unfortunately [wish I could] but I feel its the right thing for me to be doing and its a way of bringing myself into focus if my edges have become blurred [an appallingly fluffy attempt at explaining this for which I apologise – some feelings defy me putting them into the constriction of words to convey them]

    i know what u mean, it is hard to explain, i feel that solstice, along with the equinoxes and winter solstice, is a time to reflect, and be thankful for what i have, also as a start of a new pahse in my life. I often spend time thinking about past acheivements, and future goals. Many of my life decisions have been made around thses times. Last year was spent at stonehenge/avebury and west kennet, and (especially at west kennet) amazingly calm,focused, and was able to get in touch with my more spiritual side. Saying this, stonehenge at solstice i would say, is not so much a place excersise spiritual interests and relaxation, as the general atmosphere is more of a celebration/party, which is also good!!

    This year i will be spending solstice at home (unfotunately) but i may wander outside onto my balcony to watch the sun rise over drunks falling over and cars zooming past…as that is proably the best view i will get. but during the day, a feast will definately be in order, with decorating my home with a few summer herbs, and relative insense, and celebrating my daughter’s first solstice (well, technically she was at stonehenge last year, just hiding in my tummy!)

    Happy solstice to everyone….no matter what it means to you…. Hope you all have a wicked day xxxxxxx:group_hug

    #1112996
    Avatar
    Playground Politics
    Participant
    missMushed wrote:
    i know what u mean, it is hard to explain, i feel that solstice, along with the equinoxes and winter solstice, is a time to reflect, and be thankful for what i have, also as a start of a new pahse in my life. I often spend time thinking about past acheivements, and future goals. Many of my life decisions have been made around thses times. Last year was spent at stonehenge/avebury and west kennet, and (especially at west kennet) amazingly calm,focused, and was able to get in touch with my more spiritual side. Saying this, stonehenge at solstice i would say, is not so much a place excersise spiritual interests and relaxation, as the general atmosphere is more of a celebration/party, which is also good!!

    This year i will be spending solstice at home (unfotunately) but i may wander outside onto my balcony to watch the sun rise over drunks falling over and cars zooming past…as that is proably the best view i will get. but during the day, a feast will definately be in order, with decorating my home with a few summer herbs, and relative insense, and celebrating my daughter’s first solstice (well, technically she was at stonehenge last year, just hiding in my tummy!)

    Happy solstice to everyone….no matter what it means to you…. Hope you all have a wicked day xxxxxxx:group_hug

    that was beautiful what you said, thank you for sharing, cheers

    #1133287
    Avatar
    Playground Politics
    Participant
    missMushed wrote:
    i know what u mean, it is hard to explain, i feel that solstice, along with the equinoxes and winter solstice, is a time to reflect, and be thankful for what i have, also as a start of a new pahse in my life. I often spend time thinking about past acheivements, and future goals. Many of my life decisions have been made around thses times. Last year was spent at stonehenge/avebury and west kennet, and (especially at west kennet) amazingly calm,focused, and was able to get in touch with my more spiritual side. Saying this, stonehenge at solstice i would say, is not so much a place excersise spiritual interests and relaxation, as the general atmosphere is more of a celebration/party, which is also good!!

    This year i will be spending solstice at home (unfotunately) but i may wander outside onto my balcony to watch the sun rise over drunks falling over and cars zooming past…as that is proably the best view i will get. but during the day, a feast will definately be in order, with decorating my home with a few summer herbs, and relative insense, and celebrating my daughter’s first solstice (well, technically she was at stonehenge last year, just hiding in my tummy!)

    Happy solstice to everyone….no matter what it means to you…. Hope you all have a wicked day xxxxxxx:group_hug

    that was beautiful what you said, thank you for sharing, cheers

    #1112979
    Avatar
    toasted
    Participant

    it’s also rather nice to spend the night with 1000’s of people without the whoomp whoomp whoomp of a sound system…

    i’ve also enjoyed it even when it rains – finding that there’s a certain sense of celtic hardcoreness making it through a grotty night to the sunrise.

    two of my favourite things are the way the noise of drumming and general crowd noises are much louder inside the stone circle as it acts a bit like a reflective speaker, while outside is quieter (also muffled by surrounding bodies)… and the way that if it’s raining (not torrential tho) quite often it won’t be raining in the centre of the stones, due to the thermal mass of packed people dancing, heat rises and deflects the rain to the outside of the stones. some call it magic ๐Ÿ˜‰

    haven’t been for the last 2 yrs, was at sunrise festie last year and off up north the year before, so really looking forward to going back this year, despite the rubbish weather forcast (runs thru checklist… waterproof top and bottoms, umbrella, shoes that don’t leak, bit of camping mat for sitting on, warming liquid in hip flask, hot thermos, and suncream for when the rain breaks and the sun comes out in the morn ๐Ÿ™‚

    cya.

    #1133270
    Avatar
    toasted
    Participant

    it’s also rather nice to spend the night with 1000’s of people without the whoomp whoomp whoomp of a sound system…

    i’ve also enjoyed it even when it rains – finding that there’s a certain sense of celtic hardcoreness making it through a grotty night to the sunrise.

    two of my favourite things are the way the noise of drumming and general crowd noises are much louder inside the stone circle as it acts a bit like a reflective speaker, while outside is quieter (also muffled by surrounding bodies)… and the way that if it’s raining (not torrential tho) quite often it won’t be raining in the centre of the stones, due to the thermal mass of packed people dancing, heat rises and deflects the rain to the outside of the stones. some call it magic ๐Ÿ˜‰

    haven’t been for the last 2 yrs, was at sunrise festie last year and off up north the year before, so really looking forward to going back this year, despite the rubbish weather forcast (runs thru checklist… waterproof top and bottoms, umbrella, shoes that don’t leak, bit of camping mat for sitting on, warming liquid in hip flask, hot thermos, and suncream for when the rain breaks and the sun comes out in the morn ๐Ÿ™‚

    cya.

    #1112971
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    Didn’t l just know the summer would cleave to bring in some phat cumulonimbus formations on Solstice week lol

    #1133262
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    Didn’t l just know the summer would cleave to bring in some phat cumulonimbus formations on Solstice week lol

    #1113006
    Avatar
    Bogey
    Participant

    well there just might be a gap!

    #1133297
    Avatar
    Bogey
    Participant

    well there just might be a gap!

    #1112974
    Avatar
    missMushed
    Participant
    Playground Politics wrote:
    that was beautiful what you said, thank you for sharing, cheers
    No problemo!
    #1133265
    Avatar
    missMushed
    Participant
    Playground Politics wrote:
    that was beautiful what you said, thank you for sharing, cheers
    No problemo!
Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar