Forums The Vibe Chat Do you enjoy work?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1209046
    1984
    Participant

    @PhilKmorgan 357647 wrote:

    Why hellish ?

    spending the vast majority of your time doing something that is simply designed to make money for someone else. Let alone the actual mind numbingly dull experience.

    #1209002
    PhilKmorgan
    Participant

    @1984 357651 wrote:

    spending the vast majority of your time doing something that is simply designed to make money for someone else. Let alone the actual mind numbingly dull experience.

    What would be your ideal job ?

    #1209047
    1984
    Participant

    @PhilKmorgan 357652 wrote:

    What would be your ideal job ?

    If I had any idea I would go and do it. I have never had any ambition, no idea what I want to do, it all seems horrible and crap.

    #1209018
    tarifa
    Participant

    @1984 357649 wrote:

    ๐Ÿ™‚ luckily I have very little suff nor any desire for it.

    a silver lining, and a sense of humour? all is not lost ๐Ÿ˜‰

    #1208993
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    @1984 357653 wrote:

    If I had any idea I would go and do it. I have never had any ambition, no idea what I want to do, it all seems horrible and crap.

    might seem strange but it can be better that way than to have ambition and see it all fuck up…

    my initial ambition was to work in the TV/media industry which I did for 3 years and then it went to shit big time – nearly got addicted to drugs and had to end up working for the government for 4 years after that (I’m still amazed to this day they employed me! :laugh_at:) basically I had to downsize my ideas and accept what society had offered…. I was lucky now but thats all it is. luck..

    #1209049
    1984
    Participant

    @General Lighting 357658 wrote:

    might seem strange but it can be better that way than to have ambition and see it all fuck up…

    my initial ambition was to work in the TV/media industry which I did for 3 years and then it went to shit big time – nearly got addicted to drugs and had to end up working for the government for 4 years after that (I’m still amazed to this day they employed me! :laugh_at:) basically I had to downsize my ideas and accept what society had offered…. I was lucky now but thats all it is. luck..

    I see what you mean. But you had ambition and it seems like you have done rather well. I have none, and I am 24 with no friends no job no education no money and a really messed up head. Maybe its more about self belief and self worth, the old if you don’t know where your going any road will take you there. But you do need to do the walking. I sat down and never got up until it was too late.

    #1208994
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    24 is still very young. my life did not stabilise until I was well into my thirties…

    #1209050
    1984
    Participant

    @General Lighting 357662 wrote:

    24 is still very young. my life did not stabilise until I was well into my thirties…

    that’s good at least, perhaps there is a little hope. god knows.

    cheers

    #1209028
    joshd96320
    Participant

    @1984 357661 wrote:

    I see what you mean. But you had ambition and it seems like you have done rather well. I have none, and I am 24 with no friends no job no education no money and a really messed up head. Maybe its more about self belief and self worth, the old if you don’t know where your going any road will take you there. But you do need to do the walking. I sat down and never got up until it was too late.

    follow the sun

    #1209031
    deliriyummy
    Participant

    I like my job most of the time… The summer has been great cuz of the weather. I work with horses, they really are quite lovely animals. Not looking forward to the winter tho, lots of cycling to work in the rain and being wet all day then cleaning mud off horses. Oh well… gotta have the winter in order to appreciate summer.

    #1209058
    TheLostOnes
    Participant

    @1984 357651 wrote:

    spending the vast majority of your time doing something that is simply designed to make money for someone else. Let alone the actual mind numbingly dull experience.

    Isn’t that just a job though.? making money for someone else, makes money for you as it supplies you with a job.

    #1209052
    1984
    Participant

    @TheLostOnes 357749 wrote:

    Isn’t that just a job though.? making money for someone else, makes money for you as it supplies you with a job.

    the definition fits some jobs, which was my point really…

    #1209003
    PhilKmorgan
    Participant

    @TheLostOnes 357749 wrote:

    Isn’t that just a job though.? making money for someone else, makes money for you as it supplies you with a job.

    I also thought this.

    #1209053
    1984
    Participant

    @PhilKmorgan 357782 wrote:

    I also thought this.

    Its not counter to my point it simply fits in with what I was saying, yes that is a large part of some jobs… *sobs*

    #1209004
    PhilKmorgan
    Participant

    @1984 357785 wrote:

    Its not counter to my point it simply fits in with what I was saying, yes that is a large part of some jobs… *sobs*

    So u think they’re all parasites or something and this winds u up ?

    #1209055
    1984
    Participant

    @PhilKmorgan 357793 wrote:

    So u think they’re all parasites or something and this winds u up ?

    no not at all!? I was just trying to understand peoples view on work and how it was tolerable for them if they didn’t enjoy the work itself.

    #1209020
    tarifa
    Participant

    @1984 357796 wrote:

    no not at all!? I was just trying to understand peoples view on work and how it was tolerable for them if they didn’t enjoy the work itself.

    nobody’s job is enjoyable all the time (good days, bad days etc) and surely must contain elements that are less enjoyable than others.

    i think people enjoy jobs for different reasons

    – provides them with money so they can do nice things
    – keeps their brain occupied
    – leaves their brain un-occupied
    – challenges them or provides a comfort zone
    – provides social interaction
    – allows them to explore someting that deeply interests them
    – gives them an outlet for artistic ability
    – provides structure
    – gives them a sense of self-worth
    – exposes them to new people, places, ways of thinking
    – brings them into contact with like-minded people
    – provides satisfaction in many and various ways

    so even if ur having a bad day, if boxes like those above are bein ticked you can get by

    #1209024
    GiantMidget
    Participant

    @tarifa 358296 wrote:

    nobody’s job is enjoyable all the time (good days, bad days etc) and surely must contain elements that are less enjoyable than others.

    i think people enjoy jobs for different reasons

    – provides them with money so they can do nice things
    – keeps their brain occupied
    – leaves their brain un-occupied
    – challenges them or provides a comfort zone
    – provides social interaction
    – allows them to explore someting that deeply interests them
    – gives them an outlet for artistic ability
    – provides structure
    – gives them a sense of self-worth
    – exposes them to new people, places, ways of thinking
    – brings them into contact with like-minded people
    – provides satisfaction in many and various ways

    so even if ur having a bad day, if boxes like those above are bein ticked you can get by

    Well said! :love:

    #1209008
    benbear
    Participant

    My job ticks all those boxes and I love my job so cool

    #1209006
    Tank Girl
    Participant

    @1984 357661 wrote:

    But you had ambition and it seems like you have done rather well. I have none, and I am 24 with no friends no job no education no money and a really messed up head.

    If the word is not ambition I dont know what it is – but you seem to have….. err…. maybe aspirations is the right word?

    which is good, you dont seem to want to be where you are currently – you seem to have an enquiring mind – why not look at what you can do rather than what you cant and start off with some voluntary work or something – hopefully this will help with confidence – self worth and self actualisiation in the end

    my bro didnt get a job til he was atleast 30 – 32? he was a postie for a bit in his late teens but walked before he was sacked – the beer was more important for him then, he did sort of work in the mean time but nothing legal ๐Ÿ˜‰ now he loves his job, and even wears a suit – takes the piercings out but still keeps his individuality with in the ‘system’ – wore a skirt to the xmas do etc, turns up in his biker leathers and changes at work, and adhers to the wanky dress down friday by literally :laugh_at:

    @benbear 358316 wrote:

    My job ticks all those boxes and I love my job so cool

    you still a fluffer ben?

    #1209007
    Tank Girl
    Participant

    and my god do I need some form of structure –

    a reason to get out of bed in the morning, when I was off sick after my ops (x4 in last err.. I think 2 1/2 years?)

    I had the least ammount of time I possibly could off work – 28 days each one,
    (I know people who have got 2 – 4 months off :you_crazy)

    as I needed to get back so much as slept, drank too much wrong un and had no motivation to get up,

    I know life is what you make of it – but I certainly need structure, otherwise I dwindle and dawdle and procrastinate,

    now I’m not saying its specifically a job – I.E- despite not doing the lottery – if I did somehow win it – I’d still have to do some form of work / activity to give me purpose / achievement – now if mega rich I’d had a little art studio (and not have to worry about selling em :laugh_at:) and that would be my work.

    #1208988
    Anonymous

    after being unemployed for nearly a year I finaly got my act together and am now working back in the kitchen 8-5. I rele hope I dont fuck things up this time!

    #1209010
    benbear
    Participant

    @Tank Girl 358405 wrote:

    you still a fluffer ben?

    LOL, na still teaching in Thailand

    #1209030
    Clusterfrog
    Participant

    no but i enjoy wonk

    #1209033
    vincentx90
    Participant

    @1984 357661 wrote:

    I see what you mean. But you had ambition and it seems like you have done rather well. I have none, and I am 24 with no friends no job no education no money and a really messed up head. Maybe its more about self belief and self worth, the old if you don’t know where your going any road will take you there. But you do need to do the walking. I sat down and never got up until it was too late.

    I feel in a similar position to you right now at the age of 36. Although, I have seen things improve in my life with regards to starting to make good friends. I still have no job or education.

    You are still very young at 24. There is plenty of time to get things together but also no rush. I know it’s easy for me to say and not so easy to believe it for yourself. There are days when i go back to believing I have no future. But, it just isn’t true. Everyone has a future. It might just take a while to get back into the swing of things but you can do it. If I can start doing it then anyone can.

    Wish you the best in your endeavours,

    Vince.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat Do you enjoy work?