Forums The Vibe Chat Where Would One Find?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1046644
    p0ly
    Participant

    Without looking, the place ‘Sucre’?

    #1193510
    process
    Participant

    right i put france cause i thought it was a word not a place… i know where it is now cause i googled it.. 😉

    #1193518
    p0ly
    Participant
    djprocess;308859 wrote:
    right i put france cause i thought it was a word not a place… i know where it is now cause i googled it.. 😉

    it is very pretty

    #1193511
    process
    Participant
    p0lygon-Window;308860 wrote:
    it is very pretty

    you been there?

    #1193519
    p0ly
    Participant
    djprocess;308862 wrote:
    you been there?

    nah ive just been on a mad google map/image session today!!!!! :laugh_at:

    #1193512
    process
    Participant

    3 wrong answers then… 😉

    #1193515
    GiantMidget
    Participant

    I picked the wrong one.

    #1193524
    GrassChopper
    Participant

    Geography A level actually helped for a 2nd time on this forum :love:

    #1193523
    pixiegirl
    Participant
    GrassChopper;308904 wrote:
    Geography A level actually helped for a 2nd time on this forum :love:

    i knew it probably wasn’t 3 of them but I guessed from the last correctly from the last two.

    #1193513
    spark_plug
    Participant

    i guessed wrong. ive just woke up tho give me credit

    #1193520
    p0ly
    Participant

    Bolivia is one of the few countries that has two capital cities — Sucre is home to the judicial branch of the government (making it the constitutional capital), while the president and congress are stationed in La Paz (the administrative capital).

    It’s hard to say exactly why Bolivia’s government is split into two places, but it seems to have something to do with the Liberal Party of 1899. According to the extensive Bolivia – A Country Study from the Library of Congress, a political power struggle and an economic shift led to the establishment of two capitals. In 1899 Bolivia’s Liberal Party overthrew the Conservative Party during the Federal Revolution. Tin mining, which was centered around La Paz, had become a big, new money-maker for the country, and tin entrepreneurs supported the Liberals. Until that time, Sucre had been the country’s capital. The more established silver mine owners and landowners near Sucre were major supporters of the Conservatives. After their victory, the Liberals wanted to move the capital from Sucre to La Paz, where their supporters were located. They were partially successful. The presidency and congress moved to La Paz, but the Conservatives managed to keep Sucre as the legal capital and the home of the Supreme Court of Justice

    #1193517
    DaftFader
    Participant

    RAW i give it to ya .. with no trivia .. RAW like cocaine straight from bolivia!
    :bounce_fl:crazy_diz:bounce_fl

    #1193509
    globalloon
    Participant

    i’ve been there

    it’s about the size of totnes and boasts a possible ride on the “dino-bus” to a derelict concrete quarry where you can look at “genuine” fossilised dinosaur foot prints. great day out on the dino bus

    in the town there’s one touristy / mountain bikey cafe that sells beer and potato wedges but outside the few blocks of the town centre there’s nothing much to see… the claim to be a capital city is a political effort to keep power out of the hands of the indigineous population

    IIRC i scored a carrier bag of weed for about £3… then forgot i had it and crossed into argentina on foot… lucky to get away with that as the argentinian immigration are really heavy because they want to prevent cholera, which can be brought in on fruit from bolivia

    #1193521
    p0ly
    Participant
    globalloon;309007 wrote:
    i’ve been there

    it’s about the size of totnes and boasts a possible ride on the “dino-bus” to a derelict concrete quarry where you can look at “genuine” fossilised dinosaur foot prints. great day out on the dino bus

    in the town there’s one touristy / mountain bikey cafe that sells beer and potato wedges but outside the few blocks of the town centre there’s nothing much to see… the claim to be a capital city is a political effort to keep power out of the hands of the indigineous population

    IIRC i scored a carrier bag of weed for about £3… then forgot i had it and crossed into argentina on foot… lucky to get away with that as the argentinian immigration are really heavy because they want to prevent cholera, which can be brought in on fruit from bolivia

    !!!!!!!! hahah thx for the info mate

    #1193516
    JonnyQuest
    Participant

    i guessed right through a process of emlination that im quite proud of

    #1193522
    p0ly
    Participant
    JonnyQuest;309228 wrote:
    i guessed right through a process of emlination that im quite proud of

    :laugh_at::laugh_at:im proud of you to

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat Where Would One Find?