I used to suffer from slight arachnophobia but I have made peace with the spiders – provided they stay in corners and do not run around too fast (so I know where they are) I tolerate them…
A MAN suffered flash burns in an explosion at a home after chasing a spider that had frightened his wife.
Fire crews were called to deal with the unusual situation at a home in Oxford Road, Clacton, at 10.33pm last night.
On arrival crews found that a man had suffered flash burns to his head, legs and torso after trailing a spider that had frightened his wife in their bathroom.
A spokesman for Essex Fire Service said: “It appears the wife had spotted the creepy crawly in the bathroom and asked her husband to capture it.
“He sprayed it first with an aerosol where it was lurking behind the toilet bowl and when that didn’t appear to work, he lit up his lighter to spread some light on the situation as the bathroom bulb had blown.
“There was an almighty explosion which blew the man back into his hallway and lifted the hatch on the loft.