Forums Music Sound Engineering Sound System How To…

This topic contains 114 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PIDGE March 6, 2013 at 9:37 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1139955
    Avatar
    PIDGE
    Participant

    This is a great idea and will be realy useful. One thing I cant seem to find out is how much a standard rig costs to build. I don’t really know how big a standard rig is so sorry if this is a bit broad, just looking for some idea

    #1119173
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    PIDGE wrote:
    This is a great idea and will be realy useful. One thing I cant seem to find out is how much a standard rig costs to build. I don’t really know how big a standard rig is so sorry if this is a bit broad, just looking for some idea

    start thinkin around the five grand mark…..

    #1139911
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    PIDGE wrote:
    This is a great idea and will be realy useful. One thing I cant seem to find out is how much a standard rig costs to build. I don’t really know how big a standard rig is so sorry if this is a bit broad, just looking for some idea

    start thinkin around the five grand mark…..

    #1119217
    Avatar
    PIDGE
    Participant
    MrAHC wrote:
    start thinkin around the five grand mark…..

    Thats what I thought. better start saving

    #1139956
    Avatar
    PIDGE
    Participant
    MrAHC wrote:
    start thinkin around the five grand mark…..

    Thats what I thought. better start saving

    #1119203
    Avatar
    Raj
    Participant

    @AHC another cunning plan is to go through the rig disconnecting one piece of equipment at a time till the noise goes away….

    #1139941
    Avatar
    Raj
    Participant

    @AHC another cunning plan is to go through the rig disconnecting one piece of equipment at a time till the noise goes away….

    #1119174
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    Raj wrote:
    @AHC another cunning plan is to go through the rig disconnecting one piece of equipment at a time till the noise goes away….

    gona try that wensday though i think i know what it is.

    #1139912
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    Raj wrote:
    @AHC another cunning plan is to go through the rig disconnecting one piece of equipment at a time till the noise goes away….

    gona try that wensday though i think i know what it is.

    #1119204
    Avatar
    Raj
    Participant

    good luck

    #1139942
    Avatar
    Raj
    Participant

    good luck

    #1119214
    Avatar
    MadPsy
    Participant

    @elretardo87 144070 wrote:

    Power distribution….the most forgotten about part of sound systems.

    Seen far too many people running “8kW” of sound system off one 13a plug socket and loads of multitaps.

    Teehee, I run mine off a 13amp plug in the house (configured at 6kW) and it’s not blown yet (maybe 60 hours or so worth of running)… the ammeters jump up to about 16amp very briefly sometimes but I think most fuses are slightly overrated and slow-blow. Time will tell 🙂 6kW in theory should draw ~25amps I’ve not seen that in real life.

    #1139953
    Avatar
    MadPsy
    Participant

    @elretardo87 144070 wrote:

    Power distribution….the most forgotten about part of sound systems.

    Seen far too many people running “8kW” of sound system off one 13a plug socket and loads of multitaps.

    Teehee, I run mine off a 13amp plug in the house (configured at 6kW) and it’s not blown yet (maybe 60 hours or so worth of running)… the ammeters jump up to about 16amp very briefly sometimes but I think most fuses are slightly overrated and slow-blow. Time will tell 🙂 6kW in theory should draw ~25amps I’ve not seen that in real life.

    #1119175
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    Cool – I will be getting a start on it after Cluanie (which is in 2 weeks time). I planned to start at the beginning (as it’s usually the best place to start), but as there has been some interest in the later sections I am happy to take requests and start there (bear in mind the whole thing is likely to take a good while to complete, so if you want specific parts to be done first, let me know).

    Karen Millen Outlet
    Karen Millen 2013
    Karen Millen Coat
    Karen Millen Colourblock Dress

    #1139913
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    Cool – I will be getting a start on it after Cluanie (which is in 2 weeks time). I planned to start at the beginning (as it’s usually the best place to start), but as there has been some interest in the later sections I am happy to take requests and start there (bear in mind the whole thing is likely to take a good while to complete, so if you want specific parts to be done first, let me know).

    Karen Millen Outlet
    Karen Millen 2013
    Karen Millen Coat
    Karen Millen Colourblock Dress

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar