Forums The Vibe Chat So what does everyone do for a living and do u like it?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1143833
    AvatarAnonymous

    I’m just starting my second year of my ph.D in materials science. its a wicked job, i get to invent and discover new things and its like being paid to be a student. the best of both worlds!

    #1122934
    AvatarBioTech
    Participant
    shortylila wrote:
    Perks???? Who do u work for??

    I work in Business travel love it mind never had any perks apart from a day trip to london woohhooo and been in travel for nearly 10 years!! started from scratch worked way up.

    Business travel rules no face to face and normal mon-fri hours plus better cash! :group_hug :group_hug

    Getting out of travel is hard … I should know tried but never happens is all I know!

    A mate of mine works in business travel and she gets tons of perks. They get sent on team building holidays around the world and travel & hotel costs are massively reduced for personal holidays.

    #1143835
    AvatarBioTech
    Participant
    shortylila wrote:
    Perks???? Who do u work for??

    I work in Business travel love it mind never had any perks apart from a day trip to london woohhooo and been in travel for nearly 10 years!! started from scratch worked way up.

    Business travel rules no face to face and normal mon-fri hours plus better cash! :group_hug :group_hug

    Getting out of travel is hard … I should know tried but never happens is all I know!

    A mate of mine works in business travel and she gets tons of perks. They get sent on team building holidays around the world and travel & hotel costs are massively reduced for personal holidays.

    #1122935
    AvatarBioTech
    Participant

    … oh and I work in education. I’m a co-ordinator, administrator and sometimes teacher for core skills and home/office IT

    #1143836
    AvatarBioTech
    Participant

    … oh and I work in education. I’m a co-ordinator, administrator and sometimes teacher for core skills and home/office IT

    #1122964
    Avatartimid rabbit
    Participant

    rope access technician, get to climb all sorts of buldings

    #1143866
    Avatartimid rabbit
    Participant

    rope access technician, get to climb all sorts of buldings

    #1122969
    Avatarcanadianrobin
    Participant

    I work at a pizza shop.
    I hate it.

    #1143871
    Avatarcanadianrobin
    Participant

    I work at a pizza shop.
    I hate it.

    #1122976
    Avatardodgymonkey
    Participant
    shortylila wrote:
    Perks???? Who do u work for??

    I work in Business travel love it mind never had any perks apart from a day trip to london woohhooo and been in travel for nearly 10 years!! started from scratch worked way up.

    Business travel rules no face to face and normal mon-fri hours plus better cash! :group_hug :group_hug

    Getting out of travel is hard … I should know tried but never happens is all I know!

    hehehe tell me about it! I work in Business travel too for John Proctor in Brighton – so far this year Ive gone round the world (via SFO and HKG) with Star alliance in Business class, a day trip to Milan, and cheap flights to Thailand begining of the year with EK – so my carbon footprint is mahoosive!!!! this definitely doesnt help when you tryin to leave travel! ๐Ÿ˜‰ raaa

    #1143879
    Avatardodgymonkey
    Participant
    shortylila wrote:
    Perks???? Who do u work for??

    I work in Business travel love it mind never had any perks apart from a day trip to london woohhooo and been in travel for nearly 10 years!! started from scratch worked way up.

    Business travel rules no face to face and normal mon-fri hours plus better cash! :group_hug :group_hug

    Getting out of travel is hard … I should know tried but never happens is all I know!

    hehehe tell me about it! I work in Business travel too for John Proctor in Brighton – so far this year Ive gone round the world (via SFO and HKG) with Star alliance in Business class, a day trip to Milan, and cheap flights to Thailand begining of the year with EK – so my carbon footprint is mahoosive!!!! this definitely doesnt help when you tryin to leave travel! ๐Ÿ˜‰ raaa

    #1122953
    AvatarMisterDuck
    Participant

    i’m an underwater ceramic technician.

    i wash up ๐Ÿ˜‰

    i enjoy it. i spend more time at the pub than at home, work then boozin, my mate owns it which is wickid, and all me close mates from the community work there, so its a good laugh

    #1143855
    AvatarMisterDuck
    Participant

    i’m an underwater ceramic technician.

    i wash up ๐Ÿ˜‰

    i enjoy it. i spend more time at the pub than at home, work then boozin, my mate owns it which is wickid, and all me close mates from the community work there, so its a good laugh

    #1122952
    Avatar665
    Participant

    I’m bulding art exhibitions(from plaster walls to hanging paintings,from electricity to wood constructions…everything you want ,I do).Crazy scheudles(sometimes 21 days in a row),but it’s like partying:the more you give,the more you get…An I simply love this job!

    #1143854
    Avatar665
    Participant

    I’m bulding art exhibitions(from plaster walls to hanging paintings,from electricity to wood constructions…everything you want ,I do).Crazy scheudles(sometimes 21 days in a row),but it’s like partying:the more you give,the more you get…An I simply love this job!

    #1122944
    AvatarTek Offensive
    Participant
    boothy wrote:
    i’m an underwater ceramic technician.

    lol nice way of puttin it! i was one of those for a while, completely agree with what you say about enjoying it cos of the people, i worked with my brother and sister and my mates , was a laugh even if the work does suck,

    now im a technician for a fibre optics company, was well lucky to find this job as it suits me perfectly and the pay and prospects are very good,

    fucks knows what id do otherwise tho,

    #1143845
    AvatarTek Offensive
    Participant
    boothy wrote:
    i’m an underwater ceramic technician.

    lol nice way of puttin it! i was one of those for a while, completely agree with what you say about enjoying it cos of the people, i worked with my brother and sister and my mates , was a laugh even if the work does suck,

    now im a technician for a fibre optics company, was well lucky to find this job as it suits me perfectly and the pay and prospects are very good,

    fucks knows what id do otherwise tho,

    #1122963
    AvatarDigital-A
    Participant

    work at a paintball site currently, hopefully got a job as the assistant manager of holland and barretts in Reading ๐Ÿ™‚

    #1143865
    AvatarDigital-A
    Participant

    work at a paintball site currently, hopefully got a job as the assistant manager of holland and barretts in Reading ๐Ÿ™‚

    #1122954
    AvatarMisterDuck
    Participant
    Digital-A wrote:
    work at a paintball site currently, hopefully got a job as the assistant manager of holland and barretts in Reading ๐Ÿ™‚

    haha cheap HTP-05 or whatever the comedown thingy is called raaa

    #1143856
    AvatarMisterDuck
    Participant
    Digital-A wrote:
    work at a paintball site currently, hopefully got a job as the assistant manager of holland and barretts in Reading ๐Ÿ™‚

    haha cheap HTP-05 or whatever the comedown thingy is called raaa

    #1122971
    AvatarSouthcaver
    Participant
    Playground Politics wrote:
    im a grounds keeper, i keep ground, firm and dry

    I’m a Greenkeeper, same thing but on a golf course. Its great beezing about on me sit on all day.

    #1143873
    AvatarSouthcaver
    Participant
    Playground Politics wrote:
    im a grounds keeper, i keep ground, firm and dry

    I’m a Greenkeeper, same thing but on a golf course. Its great beezing about on me sit on all day.

    #1122970
    Avatartarifa
    Participant
    boothy wrote:
    haha cheap HTP-05 or whatever the comedown thingy is called raaa

    ‘s good stuff (if a little expensive)

    #1143872
    Avatartarifa
    Participant
    boothy wrote:
    haha cheap HTP-05 or whatever the comedown thingy is called raaa

    ‘s good stuff (if a little expensive)

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat So what does everyone do for a living and do u like it?

Skip to toolbar