Forums Music DJing Question on Mixing

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1209500
    DaftFader
    Participant

      if none of them are working then it’ll be your sound set up on your pc not the software …

      right click the grey speaker icon at the bottom right of your task bar .. all the volume controlls should be there

      #1209475
      Anonymous

        checked all that last week, its all set up properly. bloody nuisance this lol

        #1209501
        DaftFader
        Participant

          @Diceface 388119 wrote:

          checked all that last week, its all set up properly. bloody nuisance this lol

          thinknig about it .. most programs have ther own built in input/output options that need to be set up .. try looknig through the options/settings menu in your program to see if you need to set that up too ๐Ÿ˜‰

          #1209516
          1984
          Participant

            have you tried the hammer technique?

            #1209512
            Clusterfrog
            Participant

              @Diceface 387912 wrote:

              how do I get to the windows mixer? I think this is where I have been going wrong lol.
              is it left click the speaker/volume at the bottom corner of the screen? :s

              control panel -> sounds and audio devices

              #1209488
              Tek Offensive
              Participant

                any luck?

                #1209476
                Anonymous

                  nope

                  #1209477
                  Anonymous

                    getting there me thinks. just managed to get some sound recorded, wasnt clear though.

                    #1209489
                    Tek Offensive
                    Participant

                      distorted? what are you using

                      #1209478
                      Anonymous

                        2 Citronic MPCDS6’s + Pioneer DJM-700

                        #1209490
                        Tek Offensive
                        Participant

                          i meant what program and what cable from mixer to pc and what inputs you using?

                          #1209479
                          Anonymous

                            at the moment I am using goldwave. 3.5 phono to mini jack cable & the blue input.

                            according to all my volume controls it seems that the problem must lie somewhere within goldwave. I was rushin when i downloaded it and may have made some wrong choices during the installation process.

                            Gonna keep at it and hopefully get it workin asap.

                            #1209502
                            DaftFader
                            Participant

                              are you red lining the mixer? or red lining any of the volume options inbetween the mixer and the program or the program it’s self?

                              #1209480
                              Anonymous

                                redlining? i dont know what that is! :hopeless:

                                #1209491
                                Tek Offensive
                                Participant

                                  having the gain turned up too much so the meter leds hit the red, always wanna keep below them,

                                  also what output are you using, if your going into the line (blue) input then ideally you want to be coming from a line output on your mixer, often called record out as opposed to a master or amp output, as a line signal isnt amplified in anyway, i think!

                                  perhaps thats why its distorting, basically somewhere down the line the gain is too high causing the signal to overload, or clip as its known.

                                  try turning all the volumes down, including the line in one on the windows record mixer, dont know about goldwave, but usually programs have a meter that will show if everythings too loud, like wavepad, i make it so its just under the red, so the mix sounds clean but not too quiet.

                                  keep at it lol!

                                  #1209503
                                  DaftFader
                                  Participant

                                    @Tek Offensive 388476 wrote:

                                    having the gain turned up too much so the meter leds hit the red, always wanna keep below them,

                                    also what output are you using, if your going into the line (blue) input then ideally you want to be coming from a line output on your mixer, often called record out as opposed to a master or amp output, as a line signal isnt amplified in anyway, i think!

                                    perhaps thats why its distorting, basically somewhere down the line the gain is too high causing the signal to overload, or clip as its known.

                                    try turning all the volumes down, including the line in one on the windows record mixer, dont know about goldwave, but usually programs have a meter that will show if everythings too loud, like wavepad, i make it so its just under the red, so the mix sounds clean but not too quiet.

                                    keep at it lol!

                                    This^^ … :love:

                                    #1209520
                                    DundeeStyle
                                    Participant

                                      go to btjunky and take your pick I personally would get cubase 5 record audio and start making some midi beats. Ableton 7 is really gd aswell but if you just wanna record get yourself recorded use audacity or sonys acid.

                                      #1209481
                                      Anonymous

                                        after several more attempts at trying goldwave I have decided to give up & try a different software for now,

                                        I have noticed that when I connect my decks to the pc my speakers make an awful high pitched fuzzing noise, thats not right surely?

                                        #1209482
                                        Anonymous

                                          Should all PC’s come with a sound card or do you have to buy??

                                          #1209509
                                          joshd96320
                                          Participant

                                            almost all come with an onboard soundcard on the motherboard, but you usually need to buy it if you want anything specific or decent

                                            #1209492
                                            Tek Offensive
                                            Participant

                                              if you can listen to music then you already have a soundcard of some sort. as josh says it will most likely be a mother board one.

                                              that fuzzing is either a shit cable or something making a dodgy connection or ‘looping’ back, similar to feedback from a mic.

                                              are you using decks or cdj’s??

                                              try telling us exactly what youve done, ie phono cable from amp out on mixer to blue line in on pc etc…..

                                              youll get there soon mate!

                                              #1209483
                                              Anonymous

                                                cheers josh,

                                                YouTube – Two ways on how to record your mix

                                                this was good. might give it a go as i have a dvd recorder and it looks easyer than using the pc tbh ๐Ÿ™‚

                                                #1209484
                                                Anonymous

                                                  @cozmic 390332 wrote:

                                                  cheers josh,

                                                  YouTube – Two ways on how to record your mix

                                                  this was good. might give it a go as i have a dvd recorder and it looks easyer than using the pc tbh ๐Ÿ™‚

                                                  that didnt work, must need a pacific type of dvd recorder or something
                                                  soundforge attempt round 2 ..

                                                  #1209485
                                                  Anonymous

                                                    and were rolling! ๐Ÿ™‚

                                                    #1209504
                                                    DaftFader
                                                    Participant

                                                      ๐Ÿ™‚

                                                    Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

                                                    Forums Music DJing Question on Mixing