Forums Music Speaker Plans New Setup and Speaker Questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1046475
    AvatarPlayground Politics
    Participant

    just bought A5 cambridge amp 2 B and W 601 speakers and some nice cable :))))) well happy that i can finally listen to music thro nice speakers such a difference

    just wondered tho they kick out lots of air especially the tweeters its like air conditioning really, is this supposedto be normal?

    also the base drivers move lots and sometiems when there is no bass, then when there is base they move in and out lots? is it just cos they are very sensitive or what?

    cheers

    #1191812
    AvatarBioTech
    Participant

    Speakers are designed to move air, so yes, if you put your hand/face near them it is quite natural to feel air blasted at you, especially if they are ported.

    As for the cone moving in the driver, that is normal too. You say it moves when there is no bass but it will most likely be dealing with a range of frequencies additional to what you would class as bass so even though you aren’t hearing bassline or kick it will likely be moving due to mid range.

    Glad to hear you are enjoying it though.

    #1191815
    AvatarAGENT 15
    Participant

    Oooooooo you lucky monkey , I bet they sound tasty .

    The coundown for my new speakers seems to be going backwards.

    #1191818
    AvatarSingularLattice
    Participant

    A speaker is effectively a diaphragm designed to pump air, so yes, it is completely normal to feel air pressure around the cone.

    Nice choice, by the way. B&W speakers are fantastic.

    #1191816
    AvatarDontBeliveTheHype
    Participant
    Playground Politics;305840 wrote:
    just bought A5 cambridge amp 2 B and W 601 speakers and some nice cable :))))) well happy that i can finally listen to music thro nice speakers such a difference

    just wondered tho they kick out lots of air especially the tweeters its like air conditioning really, is this supposedto be normal?

    also the base drivers move lots and sometiems when there is no bass, then when there is base they move in and out lots? is it just cos they are very sensitive or what?

    cheers

    felt the air pumping out of vents when standing at a rig? ..

    same thing as whats going on with your speakers 😉

    #1191813
    Avatarelretardo87
    Participant

    I have their bigger brothers the 602s3s.

    IIRC the 601’s have quite a large xmax and a tiny port so I’d expect them to shift a hell of a load of air.

    #1191814
    AvatarPlayground Politics
    Participant
    elretardo87;306342 wrote:
    I have their bigger brothers the 602s3s.

    IIRC the 601’s have quite a large xmax and a tiny port so I’d expect them to shift a hell of a load of air.

    it is like airconditioning, bring on the summer!

    also it seems like some bass is coming thro the tweeter whitch is strange

    #1191817
    AvatarDontBeliveTheHype
    Participant
    Playground Politics;306432 wrote:
    it is like airconditioning, bring on the summer!

    also it seems like some bass is coming thro the tweeter whitch is strange

    probbably the bass reverbarating from the subs throught the cab any thing close to a speaker that is loud vibrates making it give off sound as well (this is why in some cars with loud systems you can hear all that distortion .. it’s the things like parsel shelf rattling with the sound pressure/vibrations – my speakers and alot of others do the same thing – sound like bass is coming from every where 😛 )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar