Forums The Vibe Chat My job at Ewood Park (the blackburn rovers job) (again)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1055421
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    Right, I’m going to be applying for the managerial role at Blackburn Rovers, and I’m good at accents. Like really good. But I need a background, I need a history….I need a character. I can’t just call in my voice cause the miserable bitch on the other end was rude to me. And she’ll recognise my voice.

    The only issue with this prank is the Venkys, they are the Indian multi millionaire owners of the club and I have a suspicion that they won’t like me mocking them in this way. So. Give me your ideas….

    With the accents I can’t do Irish, northern or southern; just never got the hang of it. Most Western European accents sound the same nowadays so they’re are just boring. I was swinging towards either South African (which I regularly fool people with) OR my American/Canadian. However, I could postpone this for a week to get the character finalized.

    Any ideas good people of partyvibe?

    Much love :love:

    #1269552
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    @Gylfi Sigurðsson 534728 wrote:

    With the accents I can’t do Irish, northern or southern; just never got the hang of it. Most Western European accents sound the same nowadays so they’re are just boring. I was swinging towards either South African (which I regularly fool people with) OR my American/Canadian.

    The Dutch accent can be similar to South African and they often try to have a slight American accent (or a posh British one) as well.

    And as you know voetbal is like religion to them so it might be more easy to confuse the reception at the footy club..

    How to parody a Dutch accent in English? : Netherlands

    there are lots of youtubes of Dutch folk speaking English, which they do very well to be fair to give inspiration. Perhaps look for those from folk around places like Twente and Drenthe which are near Germany, or Friesland which has common ground with Northern English accents. But it should not sound too much like a comedy German, dat mag niet 😉

    How to speak with a Dutch accent? – Yahoo! Answers
    http://www.heardutchhere.net/DutchAccentForStage.html

    #1269556
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    Cheers GL.

    BTW, wanna work at Blackburn Rovers with me, g-tek and barrettone? We have Brian Blessed as the goalkeeper coach, Gordon banks has been zombified and blessed is there to shout ‘Gordons alive’.

    #1269553
    sinner69
    Participant

    I know Bjørnebye, does that make me qualified?

    #1269564
    Deez
    Participant

    Name: Sjaak Corsten
    Age: 38
    Prev. Experience: FC Twente (Won the Eredvisie in 2010)
    Background: You had a passion for voetball ever since you were 6, when you went to your first football match, Ajax vs PS Eindhoven, with your father. Afterwards, all you did was play football! You and a few of your friends set up your own team and with you as manager, you took the Arnhem Boys (U13) to the top of your league after only a few years together. You held that position, only deviating to 2nd or 3rd in one or two years due to loss of long term players. However, this wasn’t enough for you – you wanted to go bigger and better, so you slowly worked your way up the ranks, managing many clubs over your now 28 year career. The Dutch titles aren’t enough for you though – you want to try your hand at British football and this is where Blackburn come in.
    You have a burning desire to get your name, Sjaak Corsten, in the history books as one of the best managers there ever was – a title you feel is well deserved…

    #1269557
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    @!sinner69! 534771 wrote:

    I know Bjørnebye, does that make me qualified?

    Dude, you’ve got a wicked role, you can be the ‘double hard bastard’ coach driver AND the guy who starts the awesome chants for the crowd.

    #1269554
    sinner69
    Participant

    Double hard bastard…love that…I’m born a bastard, in the 60’s that was a serious matter.

    #1269561
    MC G-Tek
    Participant

    @!sinner69! 534771 wrote:

    I know Bjørnebye, does that make me qualified?

    Stig Inge Bjornebye – fuckin’ hell there’s a blast from the past, him and Torben Piechnik in the heart of Liverpool’s leaky defence! And Gaza, he may have been a double hard bastard, but he’s nothing compared to Stig Tofting, the bloke was raised by Hell’s Angels and is at the very least a triple or quadruple hard bastard!

    #1269558
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    I do recall the name Bjørnebye, but from when I was very little.

    What about that Furgerson bloke who throttled Le Tissie in 96/97?

    #1269555
    sinner69
    Participant

    Ole Gunnar Solskjær?

    #1269559
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    @!sinner69! 534868 wrote:

    Ole Gunnar Solskjær?

    He’s a bloody legend, a good manager too.

    #1269562
    MC G-Tek
    Participant

    @Gylfi Sigurðsson 534871 wrote:

    He’s a bloody legend, a good manager too.

    Future manager of Man Utd absolutely guaranteed mate – love the ‘baby-faced assassin’, also love the fact that Chicharito seems to be the 2nd coming of him, you can’t teach that ability to just be there on the spot when needed. Saw an interview with Ole recently and even though his hair’s starting to grey a bit, he still looks like he has a bedtime and a paper round to get up for in the morning!

    #1269560
    Gylfi Gudbjornsson
    Participant

    @MC G-Tek 534879 wrote:

    Future manager of Man Utd absolutely guaranteed mate – love the ‘baby-faced assassin’, also love the fact that Chicharito seems to be the 2nd coming of him, you can’t teach that ability to just be there on the spot when needed. Saw an interview with Ole recently and even though his hair’s starting to grey a bit, he still looks like he has a bedtime and a paper round to get up for in the morning!

    I honestly can’t see him going to Manchester United to be honest, I think he’ll go elsewhere and REALLY prove just how good of a manager he is, cause the way I see it, with a squad like Manchester United you could put ‘the wally with the brolly’ in charge and win. Solskjær on the other hand, I can see him going to a ‘smaller’ British club, like Totton lol Naa but in fairness I don’t think he’ll jump straight in at the deep end.

    #1269563
    MC G-Tek
    Participant

    @Gylfi Sigurðsson 534883 wrote:

    I honestly can’t see him going to Manchester United to be honest, I think he’ll go elsewhere and REALLY prove just how good of a manager he is, cause the way I see it, with a squad like Manchester United you could put ‘the wally with the brolly’ in charge and win. Solskjær on the other hand, I can see him going to a ‘smaller’ British club, like Totton lol Naa but in fairness I don’t think he’ll jump straight in at the deep end.

    Totally agree mate, I don’t think that he’s gonna take the reins when Fergie retires, but give it 5-10 years, he’ll be in the hotseat at OT. He showed by turning down the Villa job last year that he wants to do it the right way and not make too big a move too quickly, which is just typical of the man and how he thinks, top bloke man.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat My job at Ewood Park (the blackburn rovers job) (again)