Forums The Vibe Chat LOG RAGE!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1053532
    Avatarthelog
    Participant

    I just had a bit of a moment in my local co op store. The stupid kid working in there asked me for ID for a packet of filters. Even though I go in this shop every day, I know all the staff (except her) very well and I am obviously well in my 20’s as she pointed out. I said to her, “you are joking” and she said “no we could get fined for selling them to you without ID” I said to her that everyone knows me and i’m in this shop everyday even though she already knew that and she told me it’s irrellevent

    #1256232
    AvatarGeneral Lighting
    Moderator

    I quit smoking in 2009, but i always get carded for booze. here its not a good idea to kick off, the cops get called and you are barred from the store. The co-op is full of cameras and at least 3 are to watch the staff, not the customers.

    #1256236
    Avatarthelog
    Participant

    LOL

    Sounds like your speaking from experience there GL. Also your unusual couple of sentences as opposed to a good paragraph or so makes you sound very sheepish.

    Come on GL spill the beans what did you do in a co op store???

    #1256233
    AvatarGeneral Lighting
    Moderator

    nah just been reading the crime prevention news here. The only odd thing I may have done in a co-op store was meow like a hungry cat at a piece of meat which won’t get you barred provided you don’t nick it and can prove that you are normally human. that said, mephedrone and K trashes whatever print or encoding is used on their share dividend cards, good thing they replace them as the ones I had for a couple of years since moving eventually refused to scan.

    #1256242
    AvatarDaftFader
    Participant

    LOL! that had me laughing GL. classic :laugh_at:

    MEOOWWWWW

    #1256237
    Avatarthelog
    Participant

    @General Lighting 488696 wrote:

    nah just been reading the crime prevention news here. The only odd thing I may have done in a co-op store was meow like a hungry cat at a piece of meat which won’t get you barred provided you don’t nick it and can prove that you are normally human. that said, mephedrone and K trashes whatever print or encoding is used on their share dividend cards, good thing they replace them as the ones I had for a couple of years since moving eventually refused to scan.

    Hahaa, nice.I may go back down there and do that myself. (if i’m not banned)

    Oh yeah and we had this club card that had literally corroded away from to may narcotics. It was never used in a shop. It is bar far the worst drug addicted club card I have ever seen. : )

    (I think GL may have stolen the topic of the thread, now everyones gonna be talking about meowing at meat and corroded club cards rather than consoling me from my traumatic day)

    #1256251
    AvatarMC G-Tek
    Participant

    I’m gonna stick with the original point of the thread mate (although the other shit was proper funny man). The bird sounds like a right bitch. Funnily enough I was down your old stomping ground last night. Was in the whistle stop & then the victoria, good night too man.

    #1256250
    AvatarChrispydelic
    Participant

    Wish I still got ID’d.

    #1256248
    Avatarknow_hope
    Participant

    what happened to the pv carebear?…, this doesn’t sound caring at all!

    one of my favourite things is getting ID’d (but i always have id cos i drive) and then they see my d.o.b and they might laugh and sometimes i get complimented on my youthful looks, which i lap up ( i like compliments :p) … one day u wont get asked for id ever again cos it will be blatantly obvious ur an old git… enjoy it while it lasts 😉

    i think co-op has some thing going where they employ mentally handicapped people or people with learning disabilities or something… i’ve noticed this seems to be a common theme there. in our local store there is also a girl that gets moaned about a lot cos she’s ‘slow and dum’ and she handles shopping and cash in a weird way…… she’s autistic! … and is really sad when you’re there and people are moaning. maybe this girl is the same… or if not, why u need to upset her day for her little mistake and just cos u forgot to bring id? also u know there is a rule that once they’ve asked for id they have to see it to make the sale…

    bad carebear

    #1256245
    AvatarSpazhazzard
    Participant

    Co-Op operates a policy where you get asked for ID if you look 25 or younger. Its people like you that make working in a shop a nightmare; if you don’t have your ID with you and get asked because you can’t read the policy signs that are put up everywhere it isn’t the cashier’s fault. When I was working in a Co-Op last year I had no end of people like you being abusive for this reason. It isn’t a power trip and even if you try and convince the cashier they can’t withdraw the question under ANY circumstance. Once it has been asked and you fail to produce it the cashier is obliged by company policy to decline the sale, regardless of what you say afterwards. If you know other people in the shop who have served you you could have gone and asked them if they’d be willing to do it, but if she hadn’t previously sold it to you and you then couldn’t produce satisfactory proof of age then its your own fucking fault.

    I’ve ID’d people who were 29 and 34 previously but they looked under 25 so I had to ask.

    Don’t be an abusive twat, bring your ID in future. You never know when they might bring other staff in and you’ll have this problem all over again.

    #1256234
    AvatarGeneral Lighting
    Moderator

    @thelog 488698 wrote:

    (I think GL may have stolen the topic of the thread, now everyones gonna be talking about meowing at meat and corroded club cards rather than consoling me from my traumatic day)

    the co-op wouldn’t sell me booze either without ID (there was a new member of staff that evening..

    #1256238
    Avatarthelog
    Participant

    @Spazhazzard 488735 wrote:

    Co-Op operates a policy where you get asked for ID if you look 25 or younger. Its people like you that make working in a shop a nightmare; if you don’t have your ID with you and get asked because you can’t read the policy signs that are put up everywhere it isn’t the cashier’s fault. When I was working in a Co-Op last year I had no end of people like you being abusive for this reason. It isn’t a power trip and even if you try and convince the cashier they can’t withdraw the question under ANY circumstance. Once it has been asked and you fail to produce it the cashier is obliged by company policy to decline the sale, regardless of what you say afterwards. If you know other people in the shop who have served you you could have gone and asked them if they’d be willing to do it, but if she hadn’t previously sold it to you and you then couldn’t produce satisfactory proof of age then its your own fucking fault.

    I’ve ID’d people who were 29 and 34 previously but they looked under 25 so I had to ask.

    Don’t be an abusive twat, bring your ID in future. You never know when they might bring other staff in and you’ll have this problem all over again.

    Wow, nice one mate. If you had actually bothered to read what I had wrote before telling me i’m abusive etc, she has served me backy before and I DID tell her that everyone in the shop knows me but she turned around and said that its’ irrelevant who knows me, and I have not got any ID at the moment since I lost my wallet. I use the shop for buying fags EVERY day, I realise for your perspective it may sound a bit harsh and far fetched but you were not there.I was not abusive to her for no reason, she has had it coming for ages. She has an awful attitude since she started working in there.

    I have been back down there not to long ago and discussed it with the other staff members and they agree with me that there was no reason for he to do it and I am not the first person she has upset.

    Oh and don’t give me that “i can’t withdraw the question” I have worked and ran shops before and I know how it works mate. Also frankly between me her and the lampost who would have know?

    I really didn’t expect you to reply like that because you have normaly come across as a more level headed and friendly guy. Not the sort of person to half read a post and angrily attack me and call me a twat which frankly I am not.

    I did not not go over the top, i did not shout or push anything over. I just called her fucking stupid which I now firmly believe she deserved. If it was a shop that I never go into and I was asked for ID I would be nice about it as I always am and left the shop. You are trying to make me out to be some thug. Just because you have had some rough times working in co-op stores it doesn’t mean you have to tar me with the same brush as he people that gave you shit while at work.

    #1256243
    AvatarDaftFader
    Participant
    #1256239
    Avatarthelog
    Participant
    #1256249
    Avatarknow_hope
    Participant

    @thelog 488747 wrote:

    I did not not go over the top, i did not shout or push anything over. I just called her fucking stupid

    u really know how to treat a woman :laugh_at:

    #1256240
    Avatarthelog
    Participant

    hey man, I’m not a meany : P

    #1256246
    AvatarSpazhazzard
    Participant

    My mistake then, I misread the part where you said she had served you it before. Really grinds on me when people are nasty to staff in shops like that is all, most of them think that its “okay because it’s your job” to put up with that kind of shit.

    I do stick by the can’t withdraw the question bit because you never know if someone will over hear it and say “well you let him off” when they don’t have ID either. I certainly wouldn’t risk the £5k fine for it and nobody at my previous store would.

    #1256235
    Avatarsinner69
    Participant

    If they ask me for ID I always reply ‘do want to see my grey pubic hairs?’ :laugh_at: TBH it have been while since I had to show anything except in border/police controls. I just love becoming a ‘silver-back’ lol

    #1256244
    AvatarDaftFader
    Participant

    @!sinner69! 488802 wrote:

    If they ask me for ID I always reply ‘do want to see my grey pubic hairs?’ :laugh_at: TBH it have been while since I had to show anything except in border/police controls. I just love becoming a ‘silver-back’ lol

    I walked into a pub with a baseball cap on a few years ago, the bar girl was like “have you got any ID, you don’t look 18”. So I just took my hat off (as I had already started going bald at that point in time) and said “does this make me look older?” and she went … “yeah , … yeah it does actually” and served me. :laugh_at: I’m not sure if it was cos I actually looked older, or it was just out of pity … but at least I got my beer. 😀

    #1256241
    Avatarthelog
    Participant

    @spazzhard

    fair enough mate, I get what you mean. No dramas I was in an awfull mood yesterday mainly due to this perminant pain (stitch) in my right side it. I don’t want to use excuses for my behaviour like a poor fool in denial, but it is giving me a bit of a short temper ATM and when I read your post after my whole ordeal that day I went on a bit of an immature keyboard rant.

    Good vibes.

    #1256247
    AvatarSpazhazzard
    Participant

    No worries, I ain’t afraid to admit when I’m wrong man. My own fault for misreading it in the first place!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat LOG RAGE!!

Skip to toolbar