Forums The Vibe Chat How fucked up is this!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1050369
    DaftFader
    Participant

    Is this real? Cos if they could do that back then imagin the advancements of that technology nowdays! Not that I agree with what’s being done mind you. :yakk:

    [YT]rSrIkUXwsNk[/YT]

    #1235103
    JRGiger
    Participant

    Oh wow I remember this from like years ago!
    I loved that video, I thought it was amazing. Speaking as someone with a scientist mentality I wish people were aloud to carry out such experiments more regularly.

    #1235096
    DaftFader
    Participant

    It is pretty amazing. That dog looks fucking well unhappy tho(he has just had his head cut off so I don’t blame him!!!). Not nice.

    #1235104
    JRGiger
    Participant

    @DaftFader 418495 wrote:

    It is pretty amazing. That dog looks fucking well unhappy tho(he has just had his head cut off so I don’t blame him!!!). Not nice.

    That and they’re stimulating all it’s sense with acid and the like.
    It’s probably just not got the muscle strangth to smile and whatnot.

    #1235090
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    @DaftFader 418490 wrote:

    Is this real? Cos if they could do that back then imagin the advancements of that technology nowdays!

    Cardiopulmonary bypass – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    #1235097
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @General Lighting 418498 wrote:

    Cardiopulmonary bypass – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Ah yeah dunno why I didn’t think about heart bypasses. Guess it’s exactly the same technology just they are keeping the whole body alive rather then just the head.

    #1235085
    Anonymous

    eeeeewww..
    how did THAT get past ethics laws?

    #1235091
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    there weren’t any in the Soviet Union in the 1940s…

    #1235086
    Anonymous

    soviet union reminds me that i passed my russian exam yesterday.
    i am now a qualified russian linguist ๐Ÿ˜€

    hah not really, i can pretty much ask for cigarettes and vodka and that’s it..

    but i think this is really unethical. the rule is that unethical things CAN be acceptable if the findings will be greatly beneficial. as cool and interesting as this is, i’m not so sure what it helped to solve..

    #1235092
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    its certainly a very unpleasant animal experiment, but it (and the American copies) helped create the heart lung machine that I posted in that wikipedia link

    The Soviets weren’t that harsh to cut up dogs just because they could, and these days stuff like that is definitely banned in Russia (actually Mr Putin has a satellite tracking collar on his dog as he gets worried about her going missing)

    #1235105
    JRGiger
    Participant

    personally I don’t see how it is “unethical” The dog was techincally dead before as far as I’m aware. I’m not sure if testing on dead animals is considered evil.

    #1235098
    DaftFader
    Participant

    One of my ex’s was russian … she taught me how to say:- Hello, How are you, I’m fine, I love you and porno in russian. Quite worrying really lol.

    #1235087
    Anonymous

    i think saying it is easy but writing it is a whole different ball game ๐Ÿ˜

    i’m kinda finding it difficult to work out how this thing works.. the dog is getting oxygen from the blood but not glucose and both types of respiration need glucose to happen, and is it possible to “oxygenate” blood outside the body? how are any of the cells working if the dog isn’t getting glucose to them? and doesn’t the body shut down completely when it gets traumatized.. i would say that having your head lopped off is quite traumatizing.

    i don’t think the dog was “dead”.. it’s brain must have been functioning at some level. tbh, i think this is kinda creepy.

    #1235093
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    attached is the US research paper where they managed to keep entire dogs alive leading to the development of the human life support kit. I don’t understand much of how it works, I expect Harr!et would. However if I lived anywhere near that uni and had a dog I don’t think I’d let it out of my sight :crazy_diz

    #1235099
    DaftFader
    Participant

    @harr!et 418558 wrote:

    i think saying it is easy but writing it is a whole different ball game ๐Ÿ˜

    i’m kinda finding it difficult to work out how this thing works.. the dog is getting oxygen from the blood but not glucose and both types of respiration need glucose to happen, and is it possible to “oxygenate” blood outside the body? how are any of the cells working if the dog isn’t getting glucose to them? and doesn’t the body shut down completely when it gets traumatized.. i would say that having your head lopped off is quite traumatizing.

    i don’t think the dog was “dead”.. it’s brain must have been functioning at some level. tbh, i think this is kinda creepy.

    There would be a certain amount of glucose allready in the blood I would assume. Even the moden ones they use on humans can only keep you alive for aprox 45 mins acording to wiki.

    #1235088
    Anonymous

    my biology teacher doesn’t think that this dog thing is real.. he talks real fast but he got a cambridge biology degree so i trust him.

    he’s fit too.
    not as fit as my physics/psych teacher but he’s well up there.
    so he must be right, always ๐Ÿ˜€

    #1235094
    General Lighting
    Moderator

    I don’t think the Soviets gave the whole story in their propaganda film but suspect they may have been doing something very similar to what the Yanks were did and didn’t want to give away their secrets…

    #1235100
    joshd96320
    Participant

    so could you cut off a human head and do the same?

    #1235095
    GiantMidget
    Participant

    @joshd96320 418691 wrote:

    so could you cut off a human head and do the same?

    Anyone you got in mind? Arsene Wenger maybe? :crazy:

    #1235089
    Anonymous

    Hi All ,
    Yes it is horrible , but it wasn’t done for fun . All these type experiments have a reason and at end result a bennifit . Heart and lung and any organ transplant all came from experiments like these . Yes i still find it horrible but if you needed any of these operations would you refuse ? i don’t think so we all want to live ๐Ÿ™‚

    regards
    Mungo
    ps long way we all be healthy and happy ๐Ÿ™‚

    #1235101
    joshd96320
    Participant

    @GiantMidget 418706 wrote:

    Anyone you got in mind? Arsene Wenger maybe? :crazy:

    raaaraaa

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat How fucked up is this!!!