Forums The Vibe Subscribers Can’t post in party announcements

This topic contains 83 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minghead May 20, 2009 at 2:32 pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1047322
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    Can somebody sort it so that I can put a thread in the party announcements section please ? Currently unauthorised.

    Nice 1

    Col

    #1199613
    Avatar
    Anonymous

    think you have to subscribe

    #1199616
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    I donated for 2 years running – surely this qualifies me.

    #1199614
    Avatar
    Anonymous
    Col;327840 wrote:
    I donated for 2 years running – surely this qualifies me.

    Sorry im out of my depth here *runs*

    #1199617
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    any admin about ??

    #1199639
    Avatar
    elretardo87
    Participant

    Send a pm to Dr Bunsen but I think your subscription may have run out.

    #1199618
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    So, if you don’t pay subs – you can’t advertise ??

    Bit of a change in direction.

    A little too corporate suit if you ask me.

    Don’t tell me – credit crunch yeah !

    #1199646
    Avatar
    Angel
    Moderator

    do you think it’s free to run a huge forum like this? :laugh_at:

    Money have to come from somewhere, unfortunately

    #1199680
    Avatar
    joshd96320
    Participant

    @col 327846 wrote:

    So, if you don’t pay subs – you can’t advertise ??

    Bit of a change in direction.

    A little too corporate suit if you ask me.

    Don’t tell me – credit crunch yeah !

    :laugh_at::laugh_at:

    not corporate at all, the server doesnt pay for itself… bandwidth doesnt pay for itself… its pretty minimal / nonprofit – servers are expensive to rent as is bandwidth, and man hours into moderating the site etc, the money has to come from somewhere.. it aint much to pay anyway 😉

    #1199640
    Avatar
    elretardo87
    Participant
    Col;327846 wrote:
    So, if you don’t pay subs – you can’t advertise ??

    Bit of a change in direction.

    A little too corporate suit if you ask me.

    Don’t tell me – credit crunch yeah !

    If its a free event then you can PM me and I’ll post it up.

    #1199650
    Avatar
    MisterDuck
    Participant

    AFAIK it’s only profit events what you have to donate to advertise, free ones and benefit events are ok – but mods have to actually post them.

    #1199619
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @angel 327847 wrote:

    do you think it’s free to run a huge forum like this? :laugh_at:

    Money have to come from somewhere, unfortunately

    No shit sherlock, how very astute of you. That’s why I donated for a while.

    In fact, if you view my posting history – you’ll note that, I started a contributions thread – to encourage others to do likewise.

    I ask for a favour back and get this “you can’t advertise until you pay” nonsense.

    Nice 1

    Nice to see where the ethos is headed with this place.

    #1199651
    Avatar
    MisterDuck
    Participant
    Col;327860 wrote:
    No shit sherlock, how very astute of you. That’s why I donated for a while.

    In fact, if you view my posting history – you’ll note that, I started a contributions thread – to encourage others to do likewise.

    I ask for a favour back and get this “you can’t advertise until you pay” nonsense.

    Nice 1

    Nice to see where the ethos is headed with this place.

    read my post above mate, i think some people arent giving the right rules we have.

    #1199620
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @joshd96320 327848 wrote:

    :laugh_at::laugh_at:

    not corporate at all, the server doesnt pay for itself… bandwidth doesnt pay for itself… its pretty minimal / nonprofit – servers are expensive to rent as is bandwidth, and man hours into moderating the site etc, the money has to come from somewhere.. it aint much to pay anyway 😉

    What am I ? Some sort of retard.

    I know what’s involved in running a place like this.

    How much do you pay btw ?

    #1199621
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @elretardo87 327850 wrote:

    If its a free event then you can PM me and I’ll post it up.

    It’s a paid event but, the money will no doubt find it’s way, into the various free stuff – we are doing over the summer.

    It’s not my event tbh – we are just doing the sound.

    I was posting it on behalf of a friend

    #1199622
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @boothy 327859 wrote:

    AFAIK it’s only profit events what you have to donate to advertise, free ones and benefit events are ok – but mods have to actually post them.

    rules rules rules

    It’s no good

    Given that lots of free events, use the money generated by paid events, in order to fund them – the whole philosophy seems rather silly to me.

    #1199652
    Avatar
    MisterDuck
    Participant
    Col;327866 wrote:
    rules rules rules

    It’s no good

    Given that lots of free events, use the money generated by paid events, in order to fund them – the whole philosophy seems rather silly to me.

    i don’t make the rules or necessarily agree with them mate, im just saying.

    #1199681
    Avatar
    joshd96320
    Participant

    @col 327862 wrote:

    What am I ? Some sort of retard.

    I know what’s involved in running a place like this.

    How much do you pay btw ?

    when im able to ill be paying however much it is for subscription, but thats not the point. its not me who wants to make a post in a subscribe area, is all im saying, im not looking for “he did, so i can too”, im just saying those are the rules, chillax.

    @col 327866 wrote:

    rules rules rules

    It’s no good

    Given that lots of free events, use the money generated by paid events, in order to fund them – the whole philosophy seems rather silly to me.

    if there are no ground rules people will just walk all over the place

    #1199623
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @joshd96320 327869 wrote:

    when im able to ill be paying however much it is for subscription, but thats not the point. its not me who wants to make a post in a subscribe area, is all im saying, im not looking for “he did, so i can too”, im just saying those are the rules, chillax.

    if there are no ground rules people will just walk all over the place

    It kind of is the point – when you sit there lecturing me about how things have to be paid for – to keep the place running.

    I’ve contributed in the past, whereas you – have not.

    So don’t go getting on the high horse about it eh !

    There’s a good lad :sign0094:

    #1199624
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @boothy 327867 wrote:

    i don’t make the rules or necessarily agree with them mate, im just saying.

    I know mate

    I’m not shooting the messenger – just thinking aloud.

    #1199682
    Avatar
    joshd96320
    Participant

    @col 327870 wrote:

    It kind of is the point – when you sit there lecturing me about how things have to be paid for – to keep the place running.

    I’ve contributed in the past, whereas you – have not.

    So don’t go getting on the high horse about it eh !

    There’s a good lad :sign0094:

    I’m not getting on the high horse.
    you make a topic stating your rights which is fair of you to do so.
    I reply saying that money is required to run the place, and as a result, it is stated in the “rules” that you have to be subscribing to post in said thread.
    You take an aggressive attitude.
    Chillax.
    I don’t care that you have contributed and I haven’t, that’s not the point.

    Either way, I’m not going to become part of anything heated – continue as you wish..

    Peace.

    #1199625
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    @joshd96320 327872 wrote:

    I’m not getting on the high horse.
    you make a topic stating your rights which is fair of you to do so.
    I reply saying that money is required to run the place, and as a result, it is stated in the “rules” that you have to be subscribing to post in said thread.
    You take an aggressive attitude.
    Chillax.
    I don’t care that you have contributed and I haven’t, that’s not the point.

    Either way, I’m not going to become part of anything heated – continue as you wish..

    Peace.

    Good god, you don’t half gibber some psychobabble.

    Aggressive attitude ??

    You’re probably not aware of my mirror game – are you ? Not a good game to get involved with really.

    It all started when you posted this :laugh_at: and the subsequent – condescending, patronising and somewhat hypocritical statement.

    Maybe you should look at how you address others – if you’d like to be treated with respect by them.

    #1199683
    Avatar
    joshd96320
    Participant

    It is often difficult to ascertain ones attitude or tone through the internet, know me through the physical realms before you challenge my addressing of others. Good luck with your event, whatever it may be.

    In fact, to be honest, lets stop this right now. I’m sorry if I came across as pretty obnoxious or a dick, I read my posts again and I do a bit – I didn’t intend to, it’s just that statement (the one in bold) was a little quirky to me.

    The scene isn’t about arguing – unity! I’m sure if you ask a mod nicely, s/he’ll be willing to put it in the appropriate thread / forum.

    Let’s get along nicely. Nice to meet you :bounce_fl:group_hug

    PS… it was difficult to overcome my pride and see that I was in the wrong :p

    #1199626
    Avatar
    Col
    Participant

    No hard feelings eh.

    I’m always likely to respond to people – in the way they initially address me.

    If they are fluffy – I am fluffy If they are being a little bit of a dick – then I will be a bit of a dick too.

    I’m exactly the same in real life.

    I’m not begging anyone to have the event listed though because, a resurgence of the oldskool act’s, crews, DJ’s and munters – is sorely needed, in a badly damaged party scene.

    The people responsible for putting this do on have spent their lives putting on free events.

    For that reason – I think partyvibe, on point of principle – should promote said event.

    Maybe we could offer a discount for regular partyvibers to sweeten the deal

    #1199641
    Avatar
    elretardo87
    Participant
    joshd96320;327874 wrote:
    The scene isn’t about arguing – unity! I’m sure if you ask a mod nicely, s/he’ll be willing to put it in the appropriate thread / forum.

    I offered if it was free but if its a pay even then I won’t.

    I think your attitude stinks Col. If you wanted a favor you went about it the worst way; insulting people and generally behaving like a child. Why didn’t you give us a bit more info on the night to see if we would be willing to support it rather than jumping on people about ethics.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Can’t post in party announcements’ is closed to new replies.

Skip to toolbar