Forums The Vibe Chat Can You Play an Instrument?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1190641
    Shit Robot
    Participant
    starlaugh;267871 wrote:
    oh and the recorder :laugh_at:

    I got thrown out of recorder class for breaking my recorder over some other kids head,Though Ive mellowed out some since,the recorder can do things to you,thats my excuse anyway…

    #1190646
    d.r.e.a.m
    Participant

    Yea I can play the didgerido (cant spell it but looks ok…lol..)…well try n get somin up here soon…

    #1190623
    djrichie_t
    Participant

    i have always noticed that girls seem to prefer playing instruments that you have to blow into…..

    #1190604
    Anonymous
    djrichie_t;267923 wrote:
    i have always noticed that girls seem to prefer playing instruments that you have to blow into…..

    i play, a Bb flute & F flute and a bugal. But I’m no bufty l:laugh_at:

    #1190619
    BioTech
    Participant

    @little luke 267866 wrote:

    As for the difference between acoustic and electric guitars, it really depends on why and what you want to play. Personally if I was to get a guitar (which I will when I can spare the money), it’s gonna be an acoustic because I want to play blues and folk type stuff, and nice picky-acoustic mellow music.

    Yeah, I’m kind of in two minds about what I want to do. Acoustic really appeals because I love the sound and the idea of being able to pick it up and play. Perfect for those chilled out moments of inspiration.

    On the other hand you can do some interesting stuff with electric, especially with midi involved. You just can’t thrash it out with an acoustic. Plus plugging it in to the desk and playing through our system would be wicked.

    #1190626
    process
    Participant
    BioTech;267930 wrote:
    On the other hand you can do some interesting stuff with electric, especially with midi involved. You just can’t thrash it out with an acoustic. Plus plugging it in to the desk and playing through our system would be wicked.

    check what this guy can do…

    Joe Driscoll. Best one man band you’ll ever see. This is the best vid i could find that shows his skills, not his best tune tho IMO. He does some amazing beatbox stuff with a hramo9nica as well as well as a flute, just shows what you can do with your voice and a guitar and a loop effects peddle machine thing…

    was blown away when i saw him live in brum…

    [YT]V-jSyPxNgTI&feature[/YT]

    #1190624
    titch
    Participant

    Would like a Theremin

    [YT]xcTPRjiCs6s[/YT]

    #1190638
    little luke
    Participant

    I built a theremin, but I’ne never used it:

    #1190654
    Sini
    Participant

    Nice drumming Luke =D

    I’d like to learn the piano mostly but like i can afford one of them sitting in my house, one day, one day.

    #1190635
    Tank Girl
    Participant

    I have been known to play this on occasion:

    Quote:
    fn.CISLN.jpg
    #1190672
    DontBeliveTheHype
    Participant
    djprocess;267932 wrote:
    check what this guy can do…

    Joe Driscoll. Best one man band you’ll ever see. This is the best vid i could find that shows his skills, not his best tune tho IMO. He does some amazing beatbox stuff with a hramo9nica as well as well as a flute, just shows what you can do with your voice and a guitar and a loop effects peddle machine thing…

    was blown away when i saw him live in brum…

    [yt]V-jSyPxNgTI&feature[/yt]

    pro that dude is amazing .. nice one for that :love:

    #1190605
    Anonymous
    Sini;267956 wrote:
    Nice drumming Luke =D

    I’d like to learn the piano mostly but like i can afford one of them sitting in my house, one day, one day.

    people will pay you to take them away.

    #1190632
    marcusblanc
    Participant
    MrAHC;267647 wrote:
    i’d post me playin but i’d get loads of sectarian abuse.

    :laugh_at:

    #1190627
    process
    Participant
    DontBeliveTheHype!;267962 wrote:
    pro that dude is amazing .. nice one for that :love:

    yeah he’s proper good. not heard his new cd yet…

    #1190606
    Anonymous
    #1190607
    Anonymous
    #1190658
    rumpus rhythm
    Participant
    BioTech;267802 wrote:
    Yeah, Sax is one mighty cool instrument. I’m going to buy a guitar soon. Really should make the effort. Anyone have any suggestions or advantages disadvantages of Acoustic and Electric?

    There is an electric / acoustic hybrid (‘Ovation’) which gives you best of both worlds particularly if you want to record you can plug into a decent soundcard and get high quality into cubase. Not sure what other hybrids are available but the original Ovation was very highly rated

    Tried recording with a decent mic the other day but ‘background noise’ mucks things up if not in a proper studio

    #1190608
    Anonymous
    Brock the badger;268120 wrote:
    Tried recording with a decent mic the other day but ‘background noise’ mucks things up if not in a proper studio

    Bolox i just recorded thsat one above on youtube with my phone camera & playin me flute and its fuckin class!

    Hello Hello! we are the billy boys!

    #1190659
    rumpus rhythm
    Participant

    Thought i would pass on the link below for anyone interested in keys/guitar chords

    chord house ::: piano room: chords and scales

    #1190640
    Chemical needs
    Participant

    I play the djembe a bit. Transfers to a lot of hand drums…

    i can play a beat or two on a drumkit, but not much…

    Do decks count?:weee:

    #1190628
    process
    Participant
    MrAHC;268107 wrote:

    ha ha fair play! :weee:

    #1190609
    Anonymous
    djprocess;268148 wrote:
    ha ha fair play! :weee:

    at last some recognition for my hard work! ohhhh the blue bells are blueee!

    #1190673
    DontBeliveTheHype
    Participant
    MrAHC;268107 wrote:

    pmsl:laugh_at:

    #1190642
    MisterDuck
    Participant

    i can play with myself

    im pretty average tbh

    #1190639
    little luke
    Participant

    Here’s me playing at the Waterfront in Norwich (supporting Half Man Half Biscuit!) with a band I was in last year.

    [yt]gRai0VX7r6I[/yt]

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat Can You Play an Instrument?