Forums The Vibe Chat 8 people shot at warehouse party USA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tek Offensive
    Participant

i just heard from a friend that 8 people where shot at a free party in a warehouse in america the other night. why the hell would anyone do that?? whether it was gang related or just some nutters vendetta i dont know. i dont know much about the american free party scene but wouldnt have thought things like that happen. all i know is their police are pretty heavy handed when it comes to raves. cant find any info on it yet, im not even sure if its true, i certainly hope not. would definitly be bad press for free raves world wide. if anyones got ne info on it????

Techno Viking
      Participant

Seven die in party shooting
        March 26 2006 at 12:01PM

Seattle – A gunman opened fire early in the morning in a home, killing six young partygoers and critically injuring at least one other before committing suicide when confronted by police outside.

The heavily armed shooter, dressed in black, fired repeatedly as he made his way into the house Saturday, killing four men and two women, police said.

He then went upstairs and tried to get into a locked bathroom where a young couple were hiding. Unable to enter, he fired through the door before leaving the pair unharmed.

The victims were found in several places in the rented home in the Capitol Hill neighbourhood east of downtown, police said.

‘We don’t know the exact reason, but we do know that it wasn’t random’

One of three other people taken to a hospital died and the third was in stable condition, a nursing supervisor said.

“It’s one of the largest crime scenes the city has ever had,” said Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske.

Police said it appeared to be Seattle’s worst mass killing since 1983, when 13 people died in an attack at a gambling club.

As darkness fell, young people gathered near the house – police tape kept them from getting too close – and lit candles for the victims.

Dozens of rounds were fired in the house, where about 20 people ranging from their early and mid teens to mid-20s had gathered after a larger party nearby titled “Better Off Undead”.

Some of the guests wore makeup “to look as if they were dead”, the chief said.

He said the shooter left the home briefly and returned with a handgun and a 12-gauge pistol-grip shotgun, which Kerlikowske described as “a weapon not designed for hunting purposes but for hunting people”.

The gunman, identified only as a local man in his late 20s, also wore bandoliers of shells for the shotgun and carrying additional clips for the handgun, the chief said. In his truck, police found an assault rife and multiple “banana clips” carrying 30 bullets each.

As the gunman walked the half block from his truck to the house, he spray painted the word “NOW” in orange twice on the sidewalk and once on the steps of a neighbour’s home, police said.

Officers said they were not aware of a possible motive. Police said they did not know whether drugs or alcohol were a factor, though Kerlikowske said marijuana and alcohol were found in the house.

“This kind of gun violence is extremely unusual for Seattle and this neighbourhood,” said Mayor Greg Nickels in a statement. “We don’t know the exact reason, but we do know that it wasn’t random.”

Kerlikowske said an officer in the neighbourhood heard shots fired at just after 7am. When Officer Steve Leonard reached the scene, he found one person staggering out of the house with a gunshot wound.

The officer confronted another man who emerged with a shotgun, telling him to put the weapon down, Kerlikowske said. The man turned the gun on himself and fired a fatal shot, he said.

William Lowe, 59, who lives across the street, said he heard six shots shortly after his alarm went off. He looked out in time to see people scattering from the home, some with faces painted and hair dyed.
        Lowe said he saw the man with the shotgun put the barrel in his mouth and fire.

Nancie Thorne told The Seattle Times that her 15-year-old daughter, Suzanne, was in the house when the man opened fire.

She said the girl’s boyfriend called her on Saturday morning to say that they had gone to the house following an electronic dance party on Friday night – a “zombie rave”.

“It’s the worst phone call a mom can get,” Thorne said, crying.

“She shouldn’t have gone to the rave. I’ve never approved of those things. … I just hope to God she’s alive. And if she is, she’s grounded for life.”

Hospital officials said the girl was not there.

Aaron Hoyle, 25, of Renton, said about five people in or around their 20s lived in the blue, two-story bungalow with white trim, and that some were promoters of warehouse parties.

Hoyle hadn’t been to the home in about three months, but heard about the shooting on the news and came to see if his friends were all right. – Sapa-AP

General Lighting

its a big shame and I feel sorry for the families, but what do you expect in a country where there are 4 guns for every citizen, the countrys leader has said it is OK to invade someone elses space and kill people if you disagree with how they live their lives and is doing so; and such weapons as pistol-grip shotguns (which even the cop describes as an anti-personnel weapon) are freely available on the open market?

to be fair on the Yanks though this is the first time I have heard of such an incident at a party, usually the only people with guns at US raves are the cops.

the concept of a “zombie rave” seems odd to me anyway. Surely raves are about happiness and celebrating life, rather than death? at least when I was a teenager in Britain the rave scene sprung out of an alternative to the angst-ridden goth culture..

Even so it is rare stuff for Seattle and I fear it will lead to another clampdown on youth lifestyles;but then again if a nation spreads hate, fear and violence worldwide eventually these things have a habit of being brought back home (I’ve noticed a corresponding increase in violence on UK streets since the war started)

Anonymous
            Site wrote:
            “She shouldn’t have gone to the rave. I’ve never approved of those things. … I just hope to God she’s alive. And if she is, she’s grounded for life.”

and the americans still cant bring themselves to critisise guns. it was the party’s fault apparently, even tho the gunman was considerably older than those attending.

i have to say i often wonder what life inbritain would be like with guns. the ammount of beating and stabbings is rising it seems, but they would all be made a miilion times worse if guns were legally bought. ive seen people being stabbed, and while knives kill people, its take a certain ammount of effort and physicallity. i pray to any deity there might possibly have been as well as to muman nature and the tao that guns are never legalised in this country. i for one will be off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat 8 people shot at warehouse party USA