Forums The Vibe Chat 5 Years in 1 Room, Will Miss It!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tarifa
    Participant

that’s it my carbon foor print is finally gettin bigger

i’ve lived in staff accomodation for the last 4 years and 10 months, 1 room 4 me, sharing bathroom and kitchen with 3 others (strangers, in and out, no choice, no say)

people think i’ve been mad (they may be right but not on that score)

i’ve had a lovely little room, heat, most of the amenities, an people at work have not been able to work it out at all :laugh_at:

but to my way of thinkin, i’m still very lucky, water out of the taps, central heating, safety, privacy. What percentage of the world’s population get that?

I’m only leavin cause i’m never there any more, always here at my brilliant fellas 😉
      so practically its been a no brainer to move on over

am chuffed to pieces, have a month to move so no hassle but you know what – i was there yest packin books and i am really gonna miss my place. Its been perfect karma and i’ve loved it.

dont think i’m the one who’s mad, just think i have a little perspective is all

whadda u reckon?

T x :love:

joshd96320
      Participant

i think its great to be so content and joyful with a place :love: and hope the move goes smooth! raaa

DaftFader
        Participant

go kit all your lights out with nrg saving light bulbs then turn them all on and leave them on .. go to shop and buy as many lamps as you can afford .. the more light bulbs you use the more nrg you save .. you can stamp out that footprint!!!

tarifa
          Participant

thanks josh, its goin great :love:

and :laugh_at: DF i will work on it 😉

p0ly
            Participant

i’m lovin the happy vibes

Participant

I don’t really understand? you live in a relatively normal way for someone in the UK, possibly someone who isn’t very well off and possibly a student. But it hardly seems too radical, unless I have totally missed the point?

joshd96320
                Participant

@1984 357514 wrote:

I don’t really understand? you live in a relatively normal way for someone in the UK, possibly someone who isn’t very well off and possibly a student. But it hardly seems too radical, unless I have totally missed the point?

convenience & emotional tie-in has just been severed?

tarifa
                  Participant

@1984 357514 wrote:

point taken, 1 room when student or not well enough off not an uncommon way of life.

the point – for someone who’s not a student, is my age and has my income it is an unusual choice. Work mates and friends have been perplexed, some have been down-right rude about it, its become an amusing ‘kink’ that i have apparently, but i have had my reasons.

my feeling is that the less i have the more i appreciate it, money, stuff etc doesn’t make me happy.

And yes i’ve missed my stuff (all my books, my kitchen stuff, a double bed!, my veggie garden) but i figure, well i’ve got that to look forward to.

Participant

@tarifa 357577 wrote:

point taken, 1 room when student or not well enough off not an uncommon way of life.

the point – for someone who’s not a student, is my age and has my income it is an unusual choice. Work mates and friends have been perplexed, some have been down-right rude about it, its become an amusing ‘kink’ that i have apparently, but i have had my reasons.

my feeling is that the less i have the more i appreciate it, money, stuff etc doesn’t make me happy.

And yes i’ve missed my stuff (all my books, my kitchen stuff, a double bed!, my veggie garden) but i figure, well i’ve got that to look forward to.

I wasn’t trying to make a point, was just trying to understand yours. Sounds sensible enough to me, though id go for a room slightly bigger in order to get the bed in.

tarifa
                      Participant

@1984 357578 wrote:

though id go for a room slightly bigger in order to get the bed in.

:laugh_at: yeah i thought about getting a double bed in but it really would have just been a bedroom then

joshd96320
                        Participant

@tarifa 357601 wrote:

:laugh_at: yeah i thought about getting a double bed in but it really would have just been a bedroom then

got to that stage of kinkiness where you dont use the bed now have you? :weee:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat 5 Years in 1 Room, Will Miss It!