Forums Web Site Your Feedback, Questions & Suggestions Q: How do I upload videos?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1037172
    binge
    Participant

    I want to upload a 14MB video to website a website, so that people can watch it, but not copy it.

    How do I do this?

    #1068547
    DJ FATTMAN
    Participant

    i know a site where u can upload yr vids to dude. Will post the link when i get home from work for ya.

    #1068549
    binge
    Participant

    I’ve got a site that I can use, but if this is secure, it’d be much better.

    Basically I need to make sure that it can’t be copied by anyone.

    #1068548
    DJ FATTMAN
    Participant
    binge wrote:
    I’ve got a site that I can use, but if this is secure, it’d be much better.

    Basically I need to make sure that it can’t be copied by anyone.

    dont think the site i use enables that dude. Cant u create the file as not copyable?? I know that when i create flash banners i can hav it set to let the user beable to copy the file or not.

    #1068544
    Techno Viking
    Participant
    DJ FATTMAN wrote:
    dont think the site i use enables that dude. Cant u create the file as not copyable?? I know that when i create flash banners i can hav it set to let the user beable to copy the file or not.

    There’s a piece of paying software that allows you make movies into flash files but I’m sure it’s still possible to save them to disk. Not sure how you’d prevent that, best I can suggest is adding your name or url superimposed over the movie to let people know who’s it is…

    #1068546
    BioTech
    Participant

    Personally I’ve never had the need to prevent the downloading of files. But isn’t there a way to make it tricky for people to do a direct download. Using Java script to point to a location without the full url showing. It then opens up in a window using the web version of win media player.

    #1068545
    Techno Viking
    Participant
    BioTech wrote:
    Personally I’ve never had the need to prevent the downloading of files. But isn’t there a way to make it tricky for people to do a direct download. Using Java script to point to a location without the full url showing. It then opens up in a window using the web version of win media player.

    There’s always a way around those, most of them you just have to right click lots and it’s yours…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Web Site Your Feedback, Questions & Suggestions Q: How do I upload videos?