Forums Music duggaduggaduggadugga

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1050450
    Avatarprocess
    Participant

    [YT]TcEA3QmtD8Y[/YT]:bounce_fl

    #1235538
    Avatarp0ly
    Participant

    That is rolling man

    #1235546
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    duguggaduggadugga, so thats the noise a psytrance song makes! In my head it was ‘banalalalalalalalalala’

    I’m actually working on a beatbox psytrance song at the moment. Got bored, it’s fun recording squeaky noises through a mic

    #1235537
    AvatarDaftFader
    Participant

    Me an a mate made a little clip of a jokes techno tune all from voice with computor effects on … 😀

    #1235539
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    Loose Connection fucking rule!!! Good friends of mine, very sound & talented peeps. It’s good to see them getting somewhere… Also, extra big-ups to them for pretty much getting me into music production. 🙂

    Oh and dude, check out Petran’s track from that VA. Some nice forest psy!!!

    Btw, what’s the most psytrance place in the UK?

    …Dagenham Dagenham Dagenham Dagenham *facepalm*

    #1235547
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    what exactly is forest psy?

    #1235540
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    Parvati Records, Yggdrasil Records, Sanaton Records, etc… Think organic-sounding psytrance mostly for the nighttime hours. I guess it’s a pretty subjective thing, but for me (and a lot of others), this music sounds like it was created by the trees. 😀

    e.g.

    [YT]etkrOkLonAY[/YT]

    [YT]MxnSQTBX3_s[/YT]

    [YT]kCwU902Yddk[/YT]

    [YT]BOM-qHrhrPc[/YT]

    [YT]_-G_nu_anlw[/YT]

    etc. 🙂

    #1235548
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    @Kodama 421245 wrote:

    Parvati Records, Yggdrasil Records, Sanaton Records, etc… Think organic-sounding psytrance mostly for the nighttime hours. I guess it’s a pretty subjective thing, but for me (and a lot of others), this music sounds like it was created by the trees. 😀

    Indeed I see where the name comes from! it certainly sounds more ‘natural’ than other psy ive heard

    #1235541
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    Aye 😀 I <3s it… Love using digital methods to create organic sounds. 😀

    #1235549
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    any plugins or techniques you use to get squelchy glitchy noises or is it mostly synth programming?

    #1235542
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    Not so much glitchy (this subgenre is pretty much devoid of glitch techniques – apart from Arjuna’s music!), but teh squelch is usually just synth programming… Simple LFO to pitch… so simple but so effective. Lots of those going on. 😀 Notes are usually always played very low as well, for maximum squidge effect! Just have to do some hi-pass EQing, then it sounds lush.

    Oh and FM synthesis for psytrance leads = win. Tho’ I’m sure you already do that, innit. 🙂

    You have a Virus TI, innit? Oh what I’d do for one of those…

    #1235550
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    cool.. ive used a few squidgey noises myself but never built one from scratch I’ll give that a whirl!

    yeah do a bit of FM stuff.. I’m no expert though!

    Indeed got the TI polar. Had to squeeze into my gfs old flat for 3 months so I could save enough rent to buy it!

    #1235543
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    Ahhh, give it a go, ‘t is muchos funos. I find a sine wave LFO works best, set at 1/1 speed, tho’ you could take it off of tempo sync and automate (or modulate, which I’m sure the Virus is capable of) the speed… play around with the cut-off while doing so (of course!). Ooh and maybe have the fast-synced LFO modulating about 20 or 30% of the pitch, and attach another LFO to the pitch, ‘cept this time with a sawtooth or a ramp/inverted sawtooth, set to 100%… makes for some reeeeeeeally nice bubbley riser/downfall sounds, if you choose the right oscillator. 😀

    LOL, giving up the hermit lifestyle for 3 months. Now that’s dedication! If only I had a girlfriend who would let me do that. :lol_big:

    #1235551
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    heh nice one thats some specific instructions I’ll give it a whirl cheers! What synth do you use? NI massive? Hear that’s the shizzle

    #1235554
    AvatarAnonymous

    Just made this
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/l6ILQT2s/psy_4.html

    fits into a similar genre i think.. only the very bones of the tune at the moment of course

    #1235544
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    @Iacchus 421267 wrote:

    heh nice one thats some specific instructions I’ll give it a whirl cheers! What synth do you use? NI massive? Hear that’s the shizzle

    Hahaha, no worries. Synthesis is my fav. part of production, so I’m always happy to talk about it! ‘s just SO fun, innit.

    I mostly use Albino and Vanguard, though I have a demo version of Massive which I’ve totally and utterly fallen in love with. Love the wavetable synthesis shizz, makes for lush evolving pads… the oscillator waveforms are fucking ace too, esp. the inharmonic ones. 😀 Oh and, of course, the modulation! Every fucking parameter (!) is able to be modulated by typical LFOs and envelopes, as well as this cool step sequencer thing (kinda like a sample and hold LFO waveform but you can draw in the steps yourself) and this other wicked rhythmic envelope generator with pre-drawn shapes… really good for teh funk!!!

    Yeah, I’m basically dying to get a proper copy of it running, as it is (IMO) one of the only soft synths on the market that rivals the Virus in terms of sonic capability. 😀

    #1235552
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    yeah it sounds pretty ace i might give it a go just to increase the diversity of my noises. the virus has really rich sounds but not every parameter can be automated annoyingly. thankfully they have the option to update that with the software front end. It’s basically just a big bunch of digital signal processing boards really I often use it with the dust cover on 😛

    #1235553
    AvatarClusterfrog
    Participant

    @Kodama 421266 wrote:

    Ahhh, give it a go, ‘t is muchos funos. I find a sine wave LFO works best, set at 1/1 speed, tho’ you could take it off of tempo sync and automate (or modulate, which I’m sure the Virus is capable of) the speed… play around with the cut-off while doing so (of course!). Ooh and maybe have the fast-synced LFO modulating about 20 or 30% of the pitch, and attach another LFO to the pitch, ‘cept this time with a sawtooth or a ramp/inverted sawtooth, set to 100%… makes for some reeeeeeeally nice bubbley riser/downfall sounds, if you choose the right oscillator. 😀

    LOL, giving up the hermit lifestyle for 3 months. Now that’s dedication! If only I had a girlfriend who would let me do that. :lol_big:

    lol I’ve had a go I just make a bad noise XD

    What waveform should I be using for the oscillators themselves?

    #1235545
    AvatarKodama
    Participant

    Bwahahahaha. The most commonly used is sawtooth… Always get a good squelch with that! If ya wanna use it rhythmically, you can also take off the restart/retrigger option and play/write in a series of fast MIDI notes. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Music duggaduggaduggadugga

Skip to toolbar