Forums Music Breakcore?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1045715
    Charlie_snow
    Participant

      Few months ago i heard about this style of music called breakcore and now the word keeps popping up in conversations. I must admit im not keen on it but then i might not have heard enough. Anyone got any opinions on it?

      #1181297
      DaftFader
      Participant
        Charlie_snow;240678 wrote:
        Few months ago i heard about this style of music called breakcore and now the word keeps popping up in conversations. I must admit im not keen on it but then i might not have heard enough. Anyone got any opinions on it?

        i like some of it … they play it at braindrop in london … :bounce_fl

        #1181284
        coastie
        Participant

          yeah i dont think ive ever properly listened to any. anyone got ne reccommendations of people to check out/download?

          #1181298
          DaftFader
          Participant
            coastie;240683 wrote:
            yeah i dont think ive ever properly listened to any. anyone got ne reccommendations of people to check out/download?

            MCmashed clan i think make break core .. try them out ๐Ÿ˜‰

            #1181290
            spark_plug
            Participant

              venetian snares, knifehandchop, ceephax acid crew, judith priest, floorclearer, bong-ra, shitmat, ladyscraper, duran duran duran, rotator

              you gotta be careful with breakcore though. alot of it isnt much good

              #1181285
              coastie
              Participant

                ah cheers, yeah I saw bong-ra at glade I think, on the search now.

                #1181286
                spangle
                Participant

                  I like some of it, but a lot is crap n too much does my dead in. Some of the Life 4 Land breakcore is wicked, a lot more original than most!

                  #1181299
                  rachus
                  Participant
                    spark_plug;240688 wrote:
                    venetian snares, knifehandchop, ceephax acid crew, judith priest, floorclearer, bong-ra, shitmat, ladyscraper, duran duran duran, rotator

                    you gotta be careful with breakcore though. alot of it isnt much good

                    saw venetian snares at glade couple yrs back. he was shit.

                    #1181305
                    Charlie_snow
                    Participant

                      Cheers guys gonna give some of these artists a whirl and see if i can get into it.

                      #1181288
                      damo666
                      Participant

                        i love the stuff thats coming out of the life4land camp

                        #1181282
                        process
                        Participant

                          i am yet to hear any breakcore i really like, some venitian snares and ceephax acid crew is alright, knifehandchop is the best ive heard so far, still not up to much tho.
                          edit* another one from sheffield… :bounce_flash:

                          #1181291
                          spark_plug
                          Participant

                            oh yeh! another sheffielder!
                            if u want breakcore mate check out the club night tinnitus, they know good breakcore

                            #1181289
                            rach
                            Participant

                              krumble makes some phat breakcore/dnb

                              Toon’Z Shop – en – DEATHSUCKER 29

                              my favourite tune at the mo

                              #1181283
                              process
                              Participant
                                spark_plug;240745 wrote:
                                oh yeh! another sheffielder!
                                if u want breakcore mate check out the club night tinnitus, they know good breakcore

                                whens the next one? where were you for zogg and the party on sat? anything on this weekend?

                                #1181287
                                cheeseweasel
                                Participant

                                  There’s a load of cardopusher here, some of it i really like, some is bollocks.

                                  Stuntd Growth: Cardopusher

                                  #1181308
                                  AGENT 15
                                  Participant

                                    That Deathsucker is pretty naufhty this is the first i have heard of BreakCore . At the risk of sounding like a right noob how much of this genre is based around the Amen Break or does it manage to get beyond this?

                                    #1181292
                                    spark_plug
                                    Participant
                                      djprocess;240749 wrote:
                                      whens the next one? where were you for zogg and the party on sat? anything on this weekend?

                                      on friday the mate who i usually go to zogg with was havin a cocktail party so i went to that instead and then went to kabal on saturday seein as it was pissin it down. my mates havin a house party this friday, gonna be bangin, you’re welcome to come and bring whoever you like! found a new source of k as well if youre interested:wink:

                                      edit: dunno when the next tinnitus is, think its usually 2nd friday but im not too sure..dont think its monthly either

                                      #1181306
                                      Charlie_snow
                                      Participant

                                        Yeah iv heard of tinnitus nights, dont they have something to do with dangernoise? Iv seen the dangernoise rig in action at a fatmoon outside party and was mental! All the harder strains of dance like gabber/breakcore etc. And indeed another sheffielder ๐Ÿ˜› i havent been to zogg since ripsnorter came down, used to flier for them so was often on the guestlist.

                                        #1181293
                                        spark_plug
                                        Participant
                                          Charlie_snow;240886 wrote:
                                          Yeah iv heard of tinnitus nights, dont they have something to do with dangernoise? Iv seen the dangernoise rig in action at a fatmoon outside party and was mental! All the harder strains of dance like gabber/breakcore etc. And indeed another sheffielder ๐Ÿ˜› i havent been to zogg since ripsnorter came down, used to flier for them so was often on the guestlist.

                                          im intruiged..perhaps we know eachother!

                                          #1181307
                                          Charlie_snow
                                          Participant

                                            Yeah i think i met you at shambalah but i was probably on another planet somewhat :P, my mate jay (sheffield-junglist) said you go to alot of sheffield free partys so will probs have met ya at one of them at some point aswell.

                                            #1181294
                                            spark_plug
                                            Participant
                                              Charlie_snow;241007 wrote:
                                              Yeah i think i met you at shambalah but i was probably on another planet somewhat :P, my mate jay (sheffield-junglist) said you go to alot of sheffield free partys so will probs have met ya at one of them at some point aswell.

                                              ahhh seen. only time i saw anyone with jay i was outside the airy fairy tent trippin my bollocks off and i have no idea what they look like, just remember their presence

                                              #1181300
                                              p0ly
                                              Participant

                                                breakcore used to be drill n bass but they changed the name over ‘Aphex Twin – Richard D James album’ is one of the best albums of all time!! so i guess that would be amazing breakcore.

                                                also ‘Sabrepulse – Dot Matrix Hero’ though it could also be classed as 8-Bit and Chiptune

                                                ‘ยต-ziq’ has decent breakcore and idm

                                                but one of (arguably is) the best Drill n Bass/Breakcore tunes ‘Aphex Twin – Vordhosbn’

                                                one of my youtube friends has alot of breakcore
                                                YouTube – expertknobtwiddler’s Channel

                                                #1181312
                                                DontBeliveTheHype
                                                Participant

                                                  if your close to london and like break core amongst other things .. then this is the night for you … This friday …. BrainDrop

                                                  #1181296
                                                  tinnitus
                                                  Participant

                                                    cheers for the props guys, we really appreciate it – more info here:

                                                    http://www.myearsarebleeding.co.uk

                                                    tinnitus xx

                                                    #1181310
                                                    uglyprettytrash
                                                    Participant

                                                      Yeah I have to agree with Ben, a lot of breakcore isn’t much good. And there’s a fine line between breakcore and gabber too.

                                                      If you like metal another one to try is Hecate. Those are eeevil tunes.

                                                    Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

                                                    Forums Music Breakcore?