Forums Music 5 Top Minimal Techno Artists

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      Anonymous
        General Lighting

I was watching some video Poly put up of Richie Hawtin on what I believe was an Allen and Heath Xone X92 mixer/dual midi controller. A very nice piece of kit (and more than I can afford) but I couldn’t help but think “if they had a bit more in the music, he wouldn’t need 4 decks and 8 effects sliders in the first place :laugh_at:

General Lighting

I was watching some video Poly put up of Richie Hawtin on what I believe was an Allen and Heath Xone X92 mixer/dual midi controller. A very nice piece of kit (and more than I can afford) but I couldn’t help but think “if they had a bit more in the music, he wouldn’t need 4 decks and 8 effects sliders in the first place :laugh_at:

Deez
            Participant

I just listened to Marc Houle Bay of Figs and wow..
              Anyone know any other songs like this?

Okay i just listened to all the ones p0ly posted from 08 and holy shit, how can people not like minimal?

Deez
              Participant

I just listened to Marc Houle Bay of Figs and wow..
                Anyone know any other songs like this?

Okay i just listened to all the ones p0ly posted from 08 and holy shit, how can people not like minimal?

neuronised89
                Participant

I like Gaiser, Magda and Richie as well:wink:
                  Rhadoo
                  Sascha Dive
                  Yone-ko
                  Ricardo Villalobos
                  Marco Carola
                  etc…

I think minimal is amazing. its quite symmetrical and mathematical.
                  I believe people who can listen to minimal can also understand classical music too..?

neuronised89
                  Participant

I like Gaiser, Magda and Richie as well:wink:
                    Rhadoo
                    Sascha Dive
                    Yone-ko
                    Ricardo Villalobos
                    Marco Carola
                    etc…

I think minimal is amazing. its quite symmetrical and mathematical.
                    I believe people who can listen to minimal can also understand classical music too..?

p0ly
                    Participant

minimal these days is a lot more dancey than when it first came around some of the old stuff is some of the most other worldly music i’ve ever heard.

p0ly
                      Participant

minimal these days is a lot more dancey than when it first came around some of the old stuff is some of the most other worldly music i’ve ever heard.

p0ly
                        Participant

p0ly
                          Participant

p0ly
                            Participant

And for all the people who went to the 2012 march the 3rd GDM party with the mainstage with psytrance and the second stage with minimal all agreed it was so nice to just be able to swap over to some nice relaxing minimal and tech house… pounding techno and trance non-stop all night gets to my poor p0ly brain at times ;P i just remember when that proper cool circus french girl was spinning us all around and when she got round to doing it with nigboat he accidently let go and she went flying across the minimal stage onto her back. she got up like nothing happened.

p0ly
                              Participant

And for all the people who went to the 2012 march the 3rd GDM party with the mainstage with psytrance and the second stage with minimal all agreed it was so nice to just be able to swap over to some nice relaxing minimal and tech house… pounding techno and trance non-stop all night gets to my poor p0ly brain at times ;P i just remember when that proper cool circus french girl was spinning us all around and when she got round to doing it with nigboat he accidently let go and she went flying across the minimal stage onto her back. she got up like nothing happened.

neuronised89
                                Participant

i also like Fumiya Tanaka(i like some of his music) Interactive Noise etc..

I can listen to minimal even when im sober or staying at home…I like listening to it while I’m cooking or cleaning too:)
                                  i dont really like ibiza or miami style of minimal/house dj style though…i think i feel myself more underground and acid in nature type

cant wait to see my top 5 minimal again in 4 years!

neuronised89
                                  Participant

I can listen to minimal even when im sober or staying at home…I like listening to it while I’m cooking or cleaning too:)
                                    i dont really like ibiza or miami style of minimal/house dj style though…i think i feel myself more underground and acid in nature type

p0ly
                                    Participant

@neuronised89 536153 wrote:

you know that. i’ve been following it for years and i’ve only seen progression in the genre i also think the same for psytrance and funnily enough that’s due to it turning much more minimal sounding in recent years!

acid house is making a sweet 2012/2013 comeback too!!

p0ly
                                      Participant

@neuronised89 536153 wrote:

you know that. i’ve been following it for years and i’ve only seen progression in the genre i also think the same for psytrance and funnily enough that’s due to it turning much more minimal sounding in recent years!

acid house is making a sweet 2012/2013 comeback too!!

Naustro
                                        Participant

I consider myself minimal, but only by default. I take advantage of some of the genres facets, but im also more industrial. If anyone dominates this genre it would have to be Magda.

Naustro
                                          Participant

I consider myself minimal, but only by default. I take advantage of some of the genres facets, but im also more industrial. If anyone dominates this genre it would have to be Magda.

Sabi Sultan
                                            Participant

Ricardo Villalobos, rhadoo, raresh, love these guys.

I made a mix with their tracks check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/sabisultan1/minimal-techno-mix

Sabi Sultan
                                              Participant

Ricardo Villalobos, rhadoo, raresh, love these guys.

I made a mix with their tracks check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/sabisultan1/minimal-techno-mix

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Music 5 Top Minimal Techno Artists