With all the talk over whether or not Shoutcast and Winamp will be going offline on 20th December and the rumors of a possible acquisition buyout from AOL by Microsoft. A new build of Shoutcast DNAS v2 has just been released. Interestingly the developer’s release notes mention his ongoing effort to rewrite the network stack which has issues handling large amounts of traffic and may segfault or crash as a result. Which I find encouraging news considering the circumstances.
This build is our (much delayed) update and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous build. It is recommended where possible to update to this build over any previous v2.0 builds due to the stability and other compatibility improvements it provides.
This release is now available for the following platforms:
- Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
- Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
- Linux 64-bit
- Raspbian (Raspberry Pi)
- BSD 8.x
- Mac OS X (Intel) Not provided with this update (depends on demand if later provided)
- Winamp.com and shoutcast.com are shutting down!
- Shoutcast.com isn’t part of the Microsoft acquisition talks with AOL