Forums The Vibe Subscribers 5-Hydroxytryptophan

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    elretardo87
    Participant

5-HTP is a handy wee amino acid that keeps a smile on your face by increasing your serotonin levels, which is mighty handy among us caners.

Anyone else use it?

I have tried it in many different, the matoki banana, St Johns Wort, Griffonia and as an extracted chemical. It does make a massive difference for me….I go from being a grumpy moody bastard all the time to a budding socialite.

I find the powedered griffonia is definately the best although the dose is tiny and the taste is horrible.

Anyhow anyone else use it and in what forms?

Raj
      Participant

I like it a lot 🙂 though alone it wasnt enough to deal with my depression it helped a lot.

I have tried the one from holland and barrett [capsules] which was pretty good and the one from healthspan [based out of the channel islands] which was a caplet and included Bcomplex vitamins as well.

I prefer the one from Healthspan – was much more effective for me [guess i caned all the Bvitamins as well as the serotonin levels :shy:]

I try to eat tryptophan in my diet as well but thats always a bit hit and miss if you are partying….

I used to take one last thing at night as they make me sleepy which is always good [two used to keep me awake though]

Raj
        Participant

I like it a lot 🙂 though alone it wasnt enough to deal with my depression it helped a lot.

I have tried the one from holland and barrett [capsules] which was pretty good and the one from healthspan [based out of the channel islands] which was a caplet and included Bcomplex vitamins as well.

I prefer the one from Healthspan – was much more effective for me [guess i caned all the Bvitamins as well as the serotonin levels :shy:]

I try to eat tryptophan in my diet as well but thats always a bit hit and miss if you are partying….

I used to take one last thing at night as they make me sleepy which is always good [two used to keep me awake though]

process
          Participant
            Raj wrote:

the health span ones i found were better than holland and barrett. Loads cheaper too. The holland and barrett ones also had valerian root in, which just made me feel tired the next day.

process
            Participant
              Raj wrote:

the health span ones i found were better than holland and barrett. Loads cheaper too. The holland and barrett ones also had valerian root in, which just made me feel tired the next day.

elretardo87
              Participant

I don’t really like the fact that a lot of the pills come with a load added.

I get enough actual vitamins from the fruit and veg I eat and find supplements actually make me feel worse, often giving me serious gut problems.

The Griffonia is really good as it is taken up really easily and just seems to agree with me. Although like Raj says if you take too much it can be very difficult to sleep.

elretardo87
                Participant

I don’t really like the fact that a lot of the pills come with a load added.

I get enough actual vitamins from the fruit and veg I eat and find supplements actually make me feel worse, often giving me serious gut problems.

The Griffonia is really good as it is taken up really easily and just seems to agree with me. Although like Raj says if you take too much it can be very difficult to sleep.

Acidfairy
                  Participant

I use it everyday…. my blood disorder causes low seratonin so taking 5-htp really helps me.

I got mine online from healthspan.. lol my mum found them and it doesn’t have the added things like valerian etc added to it which means i can take it during the day and not feel drowsy

Acidfairy
                    Participant

I use it everyday…. my blood disorder causes low seratonin so taking 5-htp really helps me.

I got mine online from healthspan.. lol my mum found them and it doesn’t have the added things like valerian etc added to it which means i can take it during the day and not feel drowsy

elretardo87
                      Participant

If your in the burg I’ll tell you when we get griffonoia back in the shop….you should definately try it.

I find that with the capsules the uptake is too fast and far too noticeable, almost drug like. Griffonia is a nice gradual release that doesn’t make me feel wierd at all.

elretardo87
                        Participant

If your in the burg I’ll tell you when we get griffonoia back in the shop….you should definately try it.

I find that with the capsules the uptake is too fast and far too noticeable, almost drug like. Griffonia is a nice gradual release that doesn’t make me feel wierd at all.

Acidfairy
                          Participant
                            elretardo87 wrote:

Seeing as i live in the burg.. that sounds like an excellent plan.. am always willing to try new things, the 5htp really helps my blood disorder there’s not much that does make a difference so yeah.. i’d really appreciate u lettin me know bout that stuff ta

Acidfairy
                            Participant
                              elretardo87 wrote:

Seeing as i live in the burg.. that sounds like an excellent plan.. am always willing to try new things, the 5htp really helps my blood disorder there’s not much that does make a difference so yeah.. i’d really appreciate u lettin me know bout that stuff ta

elretardo87
                              Participant

Its on back order at the shop at the moment as we sell out of it as soon as it comes in.

elretardo87
                                Participant

Its on back order at the shop at the moment as we sell out of it as soon as it comes in.

Southcaver
                                  Participant

So is a good thing to take with pills or md, or after to help with comedowns?

Southcaver
                                    Participant

Raj
                                      Participant
                                        Southcaver wrote:

Used to take it before hand and for a few days after – worked for me..:bounce_fl

Raj
                                        Participant
                                          Southcaver wrote:

Used to take it before hand and for a few days after – worked for me..:bounce_fl

Digital-A
                                          Participant
                                            djprocess wrote:

there is no valerian root in our 5 htp pots …

Digital-A
                                            Participant
                                              djprocess wrote:

process
                                              Participant
                                                Digital-A wrote:

yeah your right i just checked. Must have been somewhere else i got them or maybe they’ve taken it out. i did buy them about 5yrs ago from H&B.

they are pretty expensive from H&B tho, £25! they only cost about £6 from healthspan…

process
                                                Participant
                                                  Digital-A wrote:

yeah your right i just checked. Must have been somewhere else i got them or maybe they’ve taken it out. i did buy them about 5yrs ago from H&B.

they are pretty expensive from H&B tho, £25! they only cost about £6 from healthspan…

Digital-A
                                                  Participant
                                                    djprocess wrote:

they are indeed expensive and as you said you can get ’em elsewhere … our shop hardly sells any of them to be honest … we have a few hundred pots just sat in the stock room …

healthspan i havent heard of before, is it a chain?

Digital-A
                                                    Participant
                                                      djprocess wrote:

they are indeed expensive and as you said you can get ’em elsewhere … our shop hardly sells any of them to be honest … we have a few hundred pots just sat in the stock room …

healthspan i havent heard of before, is it a chain?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Subscribers 5-Hydroxytryptophan