Forums The Vibe Chat 23?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AJS
    Participant

Just saw and advert for a film where Jim Carry is obsessed by the number 23 and that reminded me.

I thought I posted a question here before but I can’t find it now so sorry if I’m repeating myself…

Can anyone tell me the significance of the number 23? People tell me that it was Spiral Tribe’s number. Is that all, or does it actually mean something?

Thanks (“,)

globalloon
      Participant
        CT23
        Participant

Its numerology basically. It is to do with resonance chaos and disharmony :satisfied

As a number with which to associate things, 23 has several helpful properties. It is a prime number, and therefore more likely to be associated with coincidences because events associated with composite numbers would be divided by a factor to arrive at it or some other prime. In addition, it enjoys the boon of having the two lowest primes as digits; 2 and 3 are small and therefore can be included in complex calculations that arrive at numbers only remotely related, which can then become coincidental with significant events. Two and three are also the most frequent factors (excluding 1) of a given range of whole numbers. 23 less the numeric base is 13

AJS
          Participant

I thought there would be an interesting explaination.

Playground Politics
            Participant

i smell a faint odour, its riding on the wind up my nostrels. its reassuringly farmy-ish??

globalloon
              Participant
                boothie13 wrote:
                i smell a faint odour, its riding on the wind up my nostrels. its reassuringly farmy-ish??

err, no

Raj
                Participant

I thought it was because the phone numbers ended in 23? :laugh_at:

Playground Politics
                  Participant
                    globalloon wrote:
                    err, no

Everything is a coincidence, nothings fate, i do agree with most you say but the film plot looks as weak a spinach-less popeye

General Lighting

I think its a combination of various things

for various mathematical reasons (as partly already described here) the number 23 turns up fairly regularly anyway, but you don’t notice it unless you start looking for it..

Then people get into the “cult of 23” and start perpetuating it by deliberately using the number in various forms (like a sort of viral marketing thing) – often for amusement rather than anything deep

I know I do it, I often draw the not just on the rave scene but at work as well

A device on any network I set up that reguires a static private IP address (usually big network printers) rather than allocated automatically is allocated n.n.n.23 or n.n.n.230

I’ve been doing it for some years now, simply because 23 is an easy number to remember for me :groucho:

curiosly though I asked BT for a static IP address for one site (presumably randomly allocated out of whatever addresses BT have available) and this also had the digits “23” in part of it :alien_abd

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat 23?