Forums The Vibe Chat 1969 1989 2009? Are We Due Another Summer of LOVE?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    General Lighting

I am no professional meteorologist (its hard enough to spell!) but spend a lot of time out on my bicycle and do take close note of weather patterns.

Summer 06 was reasonable in parts but not that good – I remember a really hot weekend on the beach but Eastern Haze was washed out.

Summer 07 was even worse, with a promising start in April but by end of July temperatures staying low and lots of rain.

Summer 08 was so abysmal I actually forgot to put a paragraph about it at first until I realised I had missed a year. Again I think it was similar to 07 with more rain. It was still cold in June, I remember being at Philosophers fair and having to cower in a tent with a coat around me as I felt fucking frozen…

I think as its still cold now its maybe more likely to be similar to Summer ’06 which was OK…

GiantMidget
      Participant
        General Lighting;317454 wrote:
        I am no professional meteorologist (its hard enough to spell!) but spend a lot of time out on my bicycle and do take close note of weather patterns.

Summer 06 was reasonable in parts but not that good – I remember a really hot weekend on the beach but Eastern Haze was washed out.

Summer 07 was even worse, with a promising start in April but by end of July temperatures staying low and lots of rain.

Summer 08 was so abysmal I actually forgot to put a paragraph about it at first until I realised I had missed a year. Again I think it was similar to 07 with more rain. It was still cold in June, I remember being at Philosophers fair and having to cower in a tent with a coat around me as I felt fucking frozen…

I think as its still cold now its maybe more likely to be similar to Summer ’06 which was OK…

Keep the faith my friend. If we all ‘will’ it, It will be a good one! :love:

General Lighting
          DJCliffy;317456 wrote:
          Keep the faith my friend. If we all ‘will’ it, It will be a good one! :love:

This girl I know from Swindon used to do weather spells (she may still do them). I was sceptical about this but it did somehow seem to work! Apparently you couldn’t do too many in one place as if you rinsed it was bad karma or something and you’d get more shitty weather…

damo666
          Participant

you going to the Philosophers fair this year GL?

General Lighting

yeah I hope so (if the weather is decent 😉 )

BioTech
              Participant

Sorry to be cynical but one instance of a 20 year time period is hardly a pattern. It doesn’t even begin to form a pattern.

joshd96320
                Participant
                  BioTech;317535 wrote:
                  Sorry to be cynical but one instance of a 20 year time period is hardly a pattern. It doesn’t even begin to form a pattern.

i agree

either way, this is the first time ive been this excited about summer i think its gunna be a goodun:group_hug

Sini
                  Participant

Let’s MAKE it a Summer of love. I remember Spark plug predicting we had one coming some time back. I’m forever posistive.

AGENT 15
                    Participant

My summer is fully booked this year! some serious partying to be done

damo666
                      Participant
                        AGENT 15;317754 wrote:
                        My summer is fully booked this year! some serious partying to be done

Mine too!

binge
                        Participant
                          General Lighting;317222 wrote:
                          well if you ask that question on a rave forum and quote two years where the “summer of love” was pretty much just that its what people are going to assume…

Point made. I forget this is still a party forum sometimes!!!

tactical
                          Participant

Philosopher’s Fair looks pretty awesome

bryonbond
                            Participant

Yes! Bring on another summer of love! :group_hug

sunsparkle
                              Participant

hope its a summer of love! yeah bring it on!!!

p0ly
                                Participant

anyone gonna love me this summer?

damo666
                                  Participant
                                    p0lygon-Window;321748 wrote:

No sorry:laugh_at:.

p0ly
                                    Participant

bastard!!!

i think the summer of love is off then

AGENT 15
                                      Participant

As far as im concerned my summer is fully looking like a summer of love, 1st year ever of festival action! I am moist with excitment.

DaftFader
                                        Participant

*shudders

Angel
                                            p0lygon-Window;321748 wrote:

We love you all year :group_hug

Anonymous

Im staying in this summer due to the pandemic.

GiantMidget
                                              Participant
                                                photographthesun;322642 wrote:

I’m gonna go and find this flu thing so i can get it out of the way, sort of like the measles and the (chicken) pox :bounce_fl

AGENT 15
                                                Participant
                                                  photographthesun;322642 wrote:

That what “they” want you to do , by staying in you are letting “them” win, run naked free in the grass and sunshine.:weee:

p0ly
                                                  Participant
                                                    Angel;322639 wrote:
                                                    We love you all year :group_hug

awwwwwwwwww so kind!!!! :cry:tears of happiness :love:

General Lighting

met office are claiming that this will be a good summer – as I said earlier I think it will be no worse than 2006 which was good most of the time – it was actually 2007 eastern haze what got washed out

Warm, dry summer on the way for UK, say Met Office­ forecasters | UK news | guardian.co.uk

but at the moment people are angry about recession, and politics, there is racial tension across the EU, everyone in East Anglia is on a short fuse and the cops aren’t budging one inch about raves and drugs…

all I want this summer is a summer of peace….

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Vibe Chat 1969 1989 2009? Are We Due Another Summer of LOVE?