Forums The Vibe Chat Am I a human super battery? Re: Am I a human super battery?


    Some people can hold a higher static electric charge – most people have a friend whos always complaining the doorbell electricutes them? Its because the static electricity built up in them can bridge the gap through the button to the electrics inside. Well that same electrical charge can get transferred to any electrical equipment you use, messing with capacitors etc. This is why after a while things stop working.

    Theres a couple of ways of avoiding/minimising damage:
    – Before you use any electrical kit, touch your radiator for a moment, its grounded so it will release any built-up charge.
    – Use remote controls as much as possible!